Panel Platform Tech Lead at Nielsen Global Connect
PANEL PLATFORM TECH LEAD – US.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen’s BASES Product Leadership team develops and drives forward our innovation product strategy providing clients with predictive insights and launch plans. Leveraging the internally developed C-DAR platform as the foundation for our sample management strategy, you will oversee technical design, offshore team management, scrum oversight, product / business owner relationship management, and delivery leadership for platforms that are utilized by internal users, panelists and vendors.
- Assumes full accountability for the performance of Panel platforms.
- Quickly resolves outages providing clear and regular communication to stakeholders from root cause identification to mitigation activities.
- Completes knowledge transfer from the current development team, moving platforms into maintenance and enhancement mode.
- Works closely with Infrastructure to implement performance and capacity monitoring, coordinate and plan scheduled maintenance activities.
- Partners with Technology’s Shared Services to conduct security reviews, release management protocol and secure support for mobile application / UI enhancements.
- Brings a strong sense of execution and ownership to the development team. Manages team toward clearly stated objectives, SLAs and KPIs
- Uses Scrum framework to manage development work volume, gauge progress and provide accurate timing to business owners.
- Has in-depth knowledge of some programming languages used for front and back-end development and is willing to learn new programming languages, as needed.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
In this role, you will own design, code quality, testing, debug, document and release management of Nielsen’s panel platform, you will focus on the enhancement of existing platforms to meet the changing landscape of consumer market research maintaining high-quality standards and minimal defects.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- 10+ years experience in IT delivery
- 5+ years experience leading a small technology team
- Strong fundamentals in front and back-end development.
- Ability to conduct code reviews, troubleshoot code.
- Knowledge of API Development
- Experience in SQL programming (DB Design, Query Optimization, Indexing, Stored Procedure, etc.) from Application Development perspective on MySQL, Postgres, or SQL Server.
- Relevant experience in an agile environment, preferably with the Scrum framework.
- Knowledge of Jira or other project mgmt tools, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.