Partner Integration Engineering Lead
About our teams: Tempus is executing on the mission to create the world’s largest, integrated dataset of molecular and clinical data. At Tempus, products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, data scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern tech stack - React, NodeJS, and Python on AWS - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale.
What you’ll do at Tempus:
- Design technical solutions in support of an integration capability roadmap in partnership with product, operations, engineering, and clinical integration teams.
- Establish standard engineering service offering and associated demand/capacity framework that can be integrated into standard partner on-boarding playbooks.
- Lead scrum teams integrating with health system EMRs in a HIPAA regulated environment.
- Evolve solutions, patterns, and practices to increase the resiliency and transparency of data integration pipelines.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You have professional experience in an enterprise, integration, or data architect role in the healthcare domain, and have working knowledge of healthcare transmission formats and data models.
- You’ve delivered cloud-native solutions using supporting technologies / patterns / practices including: AWS PaaS, Docker, CI/CD, DevOps, and microservices.
- You've lead teams in agile environments and are skilled at developing plans that enable incremental delivery.
- You exercise hands-on keyboard muscles, and maintain the ability to serve the team as a technical mentor.
Bonus points for:
- Experience influencing build vs buy decisions for integration solutions.
- Experience with genomic data formats and genomic data models.
- Experience applying encryption/decryption algorithms is solutions to improve data security and privacy.
- Experience architecting solution in hybrid on-prem/cloud environments.
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.