Partner Manager, Digital Business Development at TransUnion
“TransUnion is committed to finding innovative ways information can be used to help businesses and consumers make smarter decisions.” - Chris Cartwright, President US Information Services, CEO Administration
The Partner Manager is an integral part of the Digital Indirect Media team. Partner Managers build relationships and consult with their clients on optimal implementation of TU Digital solutions through service, education, and support. Ideal candidates will have the ability to drive strategy with our largest partners, coupled with a willingness to roll up their sleeves and execute tactics. Success in this position requires exceptional consultative sales and client service skills; demonstrated solid performance and work in a constantly changing environment, dealing with ambiguity and willingness to jump in and solve problems with limited oversight.
What we’ll bring:
· A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
· Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
· Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
· Opportunity to join the Digital Solutions Team, one of the fastest growing departments at TransUnion.
· A team that works closely together and is passionate about doing everything possible individually and collectively to achieve results.
What you’ll bring:
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage key relationships, building and growing client satisfaction.
· Experience with data driven digital partnership processes and techniques, platforms and data services.
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
· Solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
· 5+ years of demonstrated success in sales, business development or partner manager role the digital ad-tech space.
· BA/BS degree required.
We’d love to see:
· Solid understanding of the ad-tech and data ecosystem, and ideally an understanding of the financial services vertical.
· Strong analytical skills, detail-orientation and technical aptitude.
· Demonstrated ability to work in teams and be flexible within a dynamic environment.
· Strong energy, drive and enthusiasm balanced with patience and persistence.
Impact you’ll make:
· Provide dedicated and consultative account management to strategic partners, work cross-functionally within TransUnion to drive partner revenue and increase customer satisfaction.
· Work closely with the Digital Indirect sales team to prospect and penetrate Partner organizations to identify new opportunities.
· Partner with product teams and all cross-functional teams to act as point of contact and deliver collected and consolidated information that prioritizes customer requests.
· Hone in on vertical trends and opportunities in order to craft business cases that support any new requests and/or changes that alter product vision/roadmap.
· Collaboration with and inform internal teams (product, sales, data strategy, legal & compliance) on partner marketing plans and ensure alignment on timing, goals and channel execution.
· Help the Indirect sales teams be successful by developing sales enablement collateral as well as executing on partner co-marketing plans in conjunction with TransUnion Product Marketing team.
· Become an expert in TransUnion Digital’s solutions and partner offerings in order to adapt recommendations quickly to suit varying client needs.
· Own revenue reporting and analysis on audience usage trends by assigned Partners. Identify opportunities for Communicate findings and recommendations to sales leads for accounts growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.