Partnership Development Manager
The AMA is a unifying voice and powerful ally for America’s physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. Join the AMA team as Partnership Development Manager in Physician Satisfaction. As part of the team, you will plan and oversee the management and growth of digital health programs with a specific focus on AMA Physician Innovation Network (PIN). Identify, solicit, and attract high quality, innovative and relevant collaborators partners and users for the platform that support achievement of mission, and strategic objectives.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain relationships with current and new collaborators, including Physicians and Technology companies, for AMA PIN and corresponding innovation related initiatives
- Develop and leverage external relationships to drive platform and user growth
- Present polished, comprehensive and innovative offers to potential partners
- Ensure appropriate vetting and coordination with legal, finance and other internal stakeholders
- Represent and promote Digital Health at various industry or business conferences and events including trade shows and meetings
Product Management and Operations:
- Build budgets and facilitate technological aspects of partner agreements for AMA PIN
- Define and implement effective operational processes with core team members that support execution of agreements; develop standard templates and processes that serve as the basis for provider outreach, proposals, contracts, deal terms, evaluations, reporting and other repeatable functions
- Maintain accurate records of all activities and partnerships
- Negotiate and execute proposals and contracts; during the onboarding oversee the development and implementation of a plan to fulfill terms of agreements
- Work with internal and external stakeholders in the review, preparation, production and marketing of new educational offerings
- Work with legal to review intellectual property arrangements
Strategy and Planning:
- Work with Digital Health and Physician Satisfaction to develop and execute a strategy and plan to identify, recruit and engage new users for PIN through strategic collaborations, partnerships and marketing
- Develop clear and compelling positioning, messaging, models, for recruitment of new users and partners
- Identify new and expanded markets to enter
- Assist in defining financial plans
- Prepare and present recommendations to internal stakeholders for approval
- Leverage market and customer insights to provide input into product and content development
Evaluation and Reporting:
- Develop reports showing platform growth and forecasts
- Develop and maintain pipeline and reports to evaluate results; track and report progress toward goals and objectives
- Take corrective action to achieve objectives. Prepare and present periodic analyses, recommendations and reports showing results and areas of opportunity.
- Analyze capacity and align resources with goals
- Determine staffing requirements and hire and train staff
- Set goals and monitor performance and develop staff to maximize potential
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business administration, or Healthcare, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience required.
- Minimum of 7 years’ related experience required, including acquisitions/negotiating contracts, budget management and reporting, and project management.
- Knowledge of the healthcare market and product/platform development preferred.
- Experience in business development, marketing, sales, product development, or project management preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to work diplomatically and professionally with potential partners to guide and assess potential partnerships.
- A strong aptitude for analytical/critical thinking and problem solving; experience using data to shape and launch business strategies or direction.
- Able to juggle multiple, time-sensitive priorities with ease and remain cool and calm under pressure.
- Focus on maintaining a strong client/customer relationship, and knowledge, tact, and the ability to work autonomously in order to solicit, assess, and develop potential partnership opportunities.
- Supervisory experience, including assigning work and writing and discussing employee evaluations as necessary.
- Must be able to travel; attend trade shows, academic meetings, and conferences.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please apply for the position at https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=2&c=ama-assn&id=1054. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION