People Systems IT Project Manager at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
The Global Technology Restaurant Engagement Products team focuses on HR, Operations and Learning Technology platforms within McDonalds. These responsibilities are critical to grooming our greatest asset – our People.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the successful execution/delivery of multiple projects including the objective of managing the development of HR technologies such as a People Data Warehouse, Applicant Tracking systems, On-Boarding, HR/Benefits, Integrations to Time Keeping, Scheduling and other HR related solutions modernizing the experience for our crew and managers. In addition, this role will be the primary contact for all HR related technology projects. The Project Manager will also be expected to utilize proven IT project management processes in close collaboration with business stakeholders, vendors, team members, and various IT functions. The Project Manager will assume end-to-end initiative accountability to deliver the functional requirements defined by a cross functional team.
In order to be successful, this individual needs to be capable of building and aligning teams, knowing and driving the business and being customer focused. We are seeking a candidate with a good balance between I.Q. and “E.Q.” The individual that takes a simple, practical and timely approach will be more valued than an academic and overly complex one. cription details...Qualifications
- Build requirements, select vendors and oversee development and implementation of the HR initiatives within the U.S. restaurants for use by Restaurant Managers and Crew.
- Enabling a People Data Warehouse, Applicant Tracking Systems, On-Boarding, Crew Reward and Recognition, Owner/Operator People Experience Network portal, HR Case Management, Owner/Operator Compensation & Benefits Tool Kit, National Employee Discount and other HR solutions and technologies as decided by our HR business partners.
- Participate in IT efforts in creating a new People Data Warehouse for managing Business Intelligence. Potentially manage the RFP process for the vendor selection. Act as primary PM working with selected vendor on design, development, Q/A, testing and implementation.
- Participate in IT efforts for a mobile learning experience
- Support and Manage HR Technology projects (i.e existing HR system as mentioned above)
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and learning leaders
- Oversight, control, and monitor of the planning, estimation, analysis, and design required in support of the People roadmap, using common project management methodologies such as Agile
- Act as a SPOC for the 3rd Party Suppliers
- Oversee requirements for Features and Functionality of any HR initiatives
- Provide project performance and progress reporting to various project stakeholders including executive leadership with a focus on business benefit realization
- Ensure continual roadmap alignment with other organizational strategic initiatives and changes in the business
- Review work products to ensure quality, accuracy and verify completeness
- Interface, coordinate, and communicate project interdependencies with other IT functional areas and business areas in timely and proactive manner
- Influence or provide input to department-level forecasting and planning activities
- Focus on financial management for all projects executed by the Restaurant Engagement Products team
- Participate in Technology Benchmarking exercises
- Demonstrated success at building Franchisee and Cross Company relationships to achieve results.
- Demonstrated success in implementing HR technologies (e.g. Data Warehouse, HCM, Applicant Tracking, On-Boarding, HR Benefit, Case/Incident Management, Portal and Self Service Technologies)
- High energy level, adaptability, versatility, appreciation of marketplace and internal customer considerations.
- Strong influencing skills to drive the best decision-making for the company.
- Capable of achieving results in a US and Global environment.
- McDonald's business experience / restaurant experience.
- Mobile or digital experience
- People Data Warehouse experience
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.