About the Opportunity:
The Seismic Platform Technologist role will be responsible for providing technical guidance and support on the Seismic Platform for various prospects and customers. In this role, we need someone that can understand not just technical architecture, but also the strategy behind implementing various solutions. This is a very client facing position that will have you leading technical customer sessions, assessing customer technical needs, and developing solutions. You will be working closely with internal resources to develop deals across multiple solutions.
- Provide technical sales engineering support throughout the sales cycle to drive opportunities and revenue.
- Deliver and customize technical sales presentations on Seismic products and services and build new presentations for use by sales and other sales engineers.
- Explain product capabilities, limitations, and implementation requirements and describe technical tradeoffs and implementation alternatives while balancing revenue opportunities.
- Actively participate in sales calls involving complex technical requirements or multiple hardware platforms serving as the lead technical resource in the sales cycle.
- Collaborate with sales engineers to identify and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements while managing customer expectations.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Operations to remain knowledgeable of Seismic's current technical aspects and capabilities, as well as future strategy and direction.
- Responsible for researching and explaining the technical capabilities of Seismic's platform vs. our competition and communicating this to both internal and external audiences.
- Assist in developing white papers for use by marketing, sales and sales engineering.
- Write and lead POC plans for prospective clients and provide technical support to these clients throughout the trials. This includes installing software, leading onsite trainings, and technical support during the POC trial.
- Provide demonstrations and presentations at tradeshows and other marketing events.
- Research, compose, and deliver responses to RFPs while interacting with clients to clarify requirements and review RFP responses for technical accuracy.
- Collect business and technical information from clients regarding requirements, mapping those to the Seismic solution proposal.
- Approximately 30% travel.
- Technical knowledge on Cloud, primarily Azure.
- Expertise with data security requirements, solutions, and best practices.
- GDPR familiarity.
- Experience designing, developing, explaining application integrations.
- Experience with different databases and reporting environments (such as PowerBI) a plus.
- 4-5 years of experience in a client-facing role - i.e. sales engineer, technical manager, or consultant.
- Exemplary communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor's Degree.