Portfolio Manager I
This position is responsible for overseeing a defined portfolio and ensuring that all priorities are adequately reflected and tracked. They work with business stakeholders to vet new ideas and help to define the conceptual architecture and business change. They manage the intake of new demands, the prioritization of efforts, the tracking of status until completion, and update stakeholders on changes to the portfolio. They provide a balanced scorecard to their respective portfolio owners within the Enterprise Systems, reflecting all aspects to include business goals, financials, and operational concerns.
The Portfolio Manager identifies the future demand, defines sequencing and dependencies, works with resource teams to determine availability, and adjust priorities accordingly. They ensure that the programs, projects and products within the portfolio for the Enterprise Systems are being properly managed, placed and prioritized. They serve as the initial point of contact between IT and business units for a defined portfolio.
- Supports a defined portfolio.
- Usually functions with autonomy; requires occasional guidance.
- Portfolio Roadmap: Assists with the capturing and articulation of the Enterprise Systems Portfolio Roadmap. Helps identify dependencies and conflicts.
- Portfolio Priorities: Works with stakeholders to articulate and consolidation the priority across multiple demands and teams.
- Intake: Facilitates the capturing and review of new requests and shepherds them through the necessary process steps.
- Use Cases/User Stories – writes stories and ensures integrity of stories across the Enterprise Systems Platform. Writes and validates acceptance criteria within Enterprise Systems. Grooms and maintains use cases.
- Demand vs Forecast: Generates reports to show demand vs forecast and actively works with all parties to resolve discrepancies.
- Portfolio Reports; Generates and reviews reports, to include financial forecasts.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES AND COMPETENCIES:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar subject or equivalent experience preferred.
- 8+ years previous management roles with an emphasis on program, product or P & L management.
- Previous experience managing large bodies of work.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in similar industries with an IT Portfolio.
- Experience operating in an agile context.