Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Principal Portfolio Strategy Specialist
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for ensuring Portfolio Management processes are communicated and adhered to in order to facilitate the proper oversight and governance of the Portfolio. Responsibilities include partnering with key stakeholders to drive adoption of capabilities by acting as a change agent using their expertise to influence and guide partners. Act as a portfolio advocate and champion working with all levels of the organization to convey the value and benefits of Portfolio Management. Provide guidance on established processes also working to develop and implement best practices to connect the work and people to the company's strategy. Working with stakeholders, develops ideas on how processes can be improved, shares lessons learned and best practices across business areas, building relationships at all levels. Provides leadership and accountability for Portfolio Management, encompassing the prioritization & planning for business demand across business units, the stewardship & collection of portfolio planning and execution data, the creation and communication of portfolio performance reporting and the ongoing support of business and risk partners for matters related to portfolio delivery.
- Leverage Portfolio Management expertise to influence business partners to utilize Portfolio Management capabilities to the fullest potential. Provide targeted consulting services to ensure that business partners are leveraging the capabilities in order to achieve a high level of adoption of these capabilities. Coordination of stakeholder communication across the organization.
- Act as a change agent when working with business partners to manage the impact of change. Identity and work with key stakeholders to determine the best ways to implement and communicate changes.
- Develop specific Portfolio Management expertise in a continuous learning model and use that skill to develop new and improve existing Portfolio Management capabilities. Work with the Platform tools team to fully define the work so that it can be developed and implemented.
- Monitor the data quality for the portfolio, identifying issues and working with business partners to resolve them.
At a minimum, here is what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Computer Science
- 4+ Years Agile Development, Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related experience
If we had our say, we would also look for:
- 8+ years Agile Development, Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related experience
- 8+ Years Agile Development, Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.