ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Job Title: Principal Technical Consultant – Federal
Location(s): Remote, VA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead all technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery including:
- Application Configuration
- Workflow Configuration
- UI Configuration
- Development of required client specific reporting
- Development of requirement integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc)
- Interface with ServiceNow development and operations teams, to successfully set up the SaaS platform
- Be a key member of the overall implementation project team
- Prepare all client facing and internal deliverables that are technology related
- Mentor field resources in implementation methodology, configuration, and best practices for the ITOM application suite
- Lead requirement gathering workshops to identify use cases and value based acceptance criteria,
- Drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on client experiences
- Up to 50% travel annually
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has strong technical understanding and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- An active security clearance of Top Secret CI Polygraph level is required.
- Advanced and current understanding (and practice) in Windows Domain and Unix System Administration. Including the understanding of described domain structures, user permission levels, group policy objects and the execution of SUDO Policies
- Enterprise architecture domains
- AMZN API, VMware automation, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, integration & automation expertise with orchestration
- Service oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access and persistence, client/server, etc)
- Cloud Management Platforms such as AWS, VMware, BMC, etc.
- IT Operations experience in storage, network and compute of enterprise environments
- ITIL / CMDB implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) around all key technical decisions during project delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology and proven experience in technical consulting roles
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.