Principal/Director of Program Delivery
Solstice is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers. As instructors and coaches, we help companies transform from the inside out by adopting a high-speed culture of innovation. We’re strategists, researchers, designers and engineers hell-bent on changing the way the world does business. We’re headquartered in Chicago and have delivery offices in New York, London, and Buenos Aires.
We are looking for someone to join our Chicago team as a Program Manager, with particular interest or experience educating and coaching organizations on the Agile Scrum methodology.
- You are just as excited about driving change with digital solutions as we are and meet the following requirements:
- Mastery of Agile Scrum roles, artifacts, and ceremonies and able to communicate and teach processes effectively to teams
- Experience working with Rally or a similar project management software
- Comfortable in leading multiple project teams in the spirit of Servant Leadership
- Have effectively managed a large budget while keeping deliverables on time and within budget
- You have worked as a consultant and understand how to become a trusted advisor to your clients through transparency and authenticity
- You easily understand client motivations and show your commitment to client timelines, key dates and deliverables while challenging the status quo
- You have a keen eye for delivery issues and risks, and a sense of urgency for removing blockers and driving continuous improvement
- You know when to escalate and how to communicate issues and risks
- You understand healthy team dynamics and know how to coach and grow a high-performing team
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- 8+ years of project delivery experience
- At least 5 years of Agile experience in a Scrum Master role
- Bachelor’s degree
You’ll be working next to industry experts to pave the future of digital transformation in the enterprise by:
- Managing and growing client relationships at a strategic level
- Leading the cross-functional leadership team on a large program and driving change to processes
- Facilitating all necessary team meetings (scrum of scrums, release planning, program status reviews, internal leadership alignment, etc.)
- Facilitating Agile release planning and helping the PO manage the release backlog.
- Coaching multiple delivery teams in Agile relative estimation techniques, cross-functionality, and self-organization
- Identifying, managing, and mitigating program issues and risks
- Leading by example - knowing when and how, to push for more results
- Proactively identifying and removing impediments that interfere with the ability of multiple teams to deliver the sprint commitments
- Being the coach and all-around advocate for the Agile Scrum delivery methodology amongst project team and client stakeholders
We welcome Solsties to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Solstice is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.