Process Improvement & Strategic Initiatives Associate
As the Process Improvement and Strategic Initiatives Associate, you will be responsible for supporting and leading process improvement in all aspects of the Interior Services department. You will analyze current processes and develop metrics to define and measure progress toward company goals. You will assist the team with enhancing existing processes, developing better ways of operating.
• Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations
• Assist the Vice President of Operations with defining new operational strategies and special projects
• Oversee daily operations and manage projects of high importance.
• Coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives for the Interior Services Department
• Guide the development of procedures, training, and technology needed for the success of the department.
• Keep Vice President of Operations abreast on current company climate (employee wellbeing, project statuses, etc.)
• Drive continuous improvements in customer satisfaction, contractor compliance, and department stability.
• Analyze trends to identify weaknesses in need of training, as well as opportunities for increased efficiency and cost savings.
• Organize and coordinate staff functions and activities
• Other duties as assigned
• Verbal Communication - Proficient
• Written Communication - Proficient
• Teamwork - Proficient
• Organizational Awareness - Proficient
• Analysis - Proficient
• Problem Solving - Advanced
• Process Orientation - Advanced
Role Specific Skills
• Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across department
• Impeccable time management and multi-tasking skills
• Proven problem solver who can make clear-headed decisions while under pressure
• Ability to analyze and compile large sets of data and present effective reports
• Possess an encouraging, can-do attitude
• Business-minded and a strategic planner
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field
• 1-5 years of experience in operations or process improvement
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)