Procurement and Inventory Manager at Farmer's Fridge
Farmer’s Fridge was founded in Chicago in 2013 with the mission of making wholesome, delicious food easily accessible, so people can live a little happier and healthier. Our network of 300+ software-enabled smart Fridges vend handcrafted salads, grain bowls, sandwiches, and more. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
At our core, we are a team that cares – about the business, the impact our product makes, and about each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. Transparency and collaboration are key to our process, as Farmer’s Fridge is a fast-paced work environment where things are always evolving. We’re proud to have a tight-knit team where people bring their A game every day.
Various team and company social events and town halls keep us connected to each other as well as aligned and focused on our short and long term goals. We’re opening Fridges weekly across the country and are looking for people with passion, ingenuity, and moxie to join our team and help us fulfill our mission of making healthy food as accessible as a candy bar!
Farmer’s Fridge has laid a foundation in the Midwest and is now expanding into the Northeast! This marks a huge milestone for us, and an exciting opportunity for anyone who is passionate and adventurous. The Procurement and Inventory Manager will be based in our Chicago production facility and will be responsible for all procurement and receiving - we need someone highly analytical and detail-oriented to make sure we're getting the right products, at the right price, in the right quantity, at the right time.
Procurement and Inventory Manager Primary Responsibilities:
- Manage the Buyer team to track and analyze cost data, anticipate price fluctuations, and determine best price to purchase raw materials
- Own quarterly produce bid program/strategy
- Operationalize new menu ingredient logistics in collaboration with sourcing
- Work cross-functionally with menu and QFS to identify backup or substitute ingredients for stock out situations
- Ensure new items and vendors are set up correctly in our ERP system
- Build strong relationships with suppliers that result in great service and loyalty
- Own day-to-day management of suppliers
- Act as escalation point when immediate issues or problems occur
- Communicate feedback to suppliers and internal teams regularly
- Conduct quarterly supplier reviews and visits with cross-functional team members
- Oversee inbound receiving program in conjunction with FSQA
- Manage and monitor inbound product quality inspection program
- Ensure accuracy of data in buying, receiving, and inventory systems
- Oversee team responsible for conducting daily hand counts and cycle counts
What are we looking for in a Procurement and Inventory Manager?
- 5+ years of supply chain or other relevant operations experience, with at least 3 years people and client relationship management
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in supply chain or business operations management
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Excel
- Technical aptitude: familiarity with Microsoft and Google Suite; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Experience with ERP systems a plus!
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
- Traditional Benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Daily Fridge Credits. You can enjoy these flat rate credits at any Fridge
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures