If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Global Procurement Organization provides the resources, processes, governance, systems and controls for acquiring goods and services efficiently, effectively and ethically from a diverse supply base that provides Motorola Solutions a competitive advantage on cost, quality, technology, service and delivery. The Services & Software Procurement Organization is responsible for the acquisition of all software, SaaS, hardware and services required for Motorola’s Services & Software business sold to our customers as part of product offerings and solutions.
The Global Procurement team has evolved from more traditional sourcing and procurement goals by going beyond cost savings and creating value for the enterprise by improving profitability, increasing supplier collaboration, and supporting new solutions development. We are a client focused team designed to bring value and help drive innovations.
In this role, key responsibilities will include:
• Serving as the main point of contact from Procurement to Motorola’s North America Services business, in support of Motorola’s direct project business and service offerings
• Managing the Support & Maintenance categories of spend, >$50M annually (e.g. OEM equipment support, on-site break-fix services, professional services, technicians, HVAC/Generator maintenance, battery replacement services, etc)
• Managing the Tower Site Leases category of spend, ~$5M annually
• Using detailed analysis and understanding of the spend categories to determine where Procurement can bring value
• Ability to draft contract language and SLAs for supplier agreements
• Working in a Managed Services environment to structure commercial negotiations, agreements, SLAs and total cost of ownership in ways that optimize capital expenditures, operating expenses, and risk management
• Optimizing a supply base to meet the changing requirements of the category
• Achieving targets for cost reductions
• Implementing category strategies
• Influencing business stakeholders in support of Procurement initiatives
• Developing relationships with senior leadership
• Providing subject matter expertise on complex purchasing, legal & contractual issues
• Defining governance around best practices and purchasing policies
• Performing supplier relationship management and reviews
In this role, specific skills/knowledge/experiences will include:
• Bachelor's Degree (in Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance or Engineering).
• 3+ years of Procurement Category Management or equivalent experience.
• Experience is helpful in the areas such as IT, Professional Services (such as solution architecture, network design, integration and deployment), Datacom/Telecom and Wireless (LTE, 5G) Communications, Networking, Transport and Backhaul (MPLS and Microwave), Software, SaaS applications and/or emerging technologies
• Strong experience managing complex strategic sourcing projects.
• Experience working in a large, complex, global business.
• Experience running the RFx process
• Contract negotiations without much legal guidance.
• Proven track record of identifying cost reduction opportunities and driving significant, tangible financial benefit to the business
• Ability to support large/complex supplier deals potentially including Hardware, Software, and Services integrated solutions with customer flow down requirements
• Ability to interact with and present up to Director/VP Levels.
• Core analytic skills to independently dive into an unclear area and make sense of it. Financial modeling experience is an asset.
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills needed to analyze spend data (e.g. creating pivot tables)
• Minimal travel required
• This position will be remote at least through the end of 2020 due to COVID-19, but will eventually be located in our Chicago office, with occasional need to work in our Schaumburg office to meet with internal stakeholders. An on-going remote/flexible work environment is provided.
* 3+ years relevant experience
* Bachelors Degree
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.