Procurement Category Manager – Software at Ensono
Category Lead responsible for the owning and driving strategic sourcing events with project managers, engineering and other stakeholder departments to acquire Software technologies in a cost effective and timely manner. Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major projects (e.g., materials, components, equipment and services). Able to strategically negotiate highest quality at best value and develop new supply sources when existing suppliers are no longer viable or competitive. Proactively identify and recommend cost saving proposals including alternative sourcing, preferred contract or alternative technologies. Interacts closely with suppliers to resolve quality and logistical issues. Keeps current with Industry trends, pricing, and product availability. Responsible to ensure procurement business systems data integrity and the accurate disposition of maintenance and/or support contracts for all procured IT. Requires domestic or global expertise of Software licensing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads sourcing events – RFPs, RFX, RFQ and competitive bidding supporting Client Solutions
- Negotiates price & audit proposals against contractual, historical benchmarks.
- Owns supplier contracts & teams with stakeholders, suppliers, Compliance and Legal in contract terms analysis, negotiations, etc.
- Ensures compliance to Procurement Policy, best practices and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Identifies process improvements.
- Proactively utilizes analytics, spend data and market research to identify additional savings opportunities or optimizations.
- Partners with internal stakeholders for medium/high-priority and/or complex projects with appropriate oversight.
- Interfaces with Finance for budgeting, forecasting or payment issues.
- Ensures positive working relationships with related support groups (Legal, Client Contracts, Solution Architects, Sales, etc)
This position does not have direct reports but may mentor less experienced associates in the role.
- 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced, proven knowledge of IT Procurement with specialized talents directed towards individual discipline (i.e. Software).
- Microsoft office skills – especially Excel.
- Contract review and negotiations.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving.
- Strong analytic skills and comfort with analytical tools. Must have a high comfort with data analysis and the ability to interpret to drive meaningful results.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to perform and thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Communication skills (email/verbal/presentation)
- 7 years and a Master's degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Expertise in IBM, Microsoft, VMWare and RedHat licensing agreements.