Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 500,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is looking for an intellectually curious and highly motivated project manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our Product team. You will oversee key projects with high visibility that drive real, measurable value for the business. We are looking for a high energy individual who has a strong work ethic, ability to turn business level objectives into a realistic project road map, a track record of sponsor and stakeholder communication and management. This individual should be value-driven and understand how to drive results through team empowerment and collaboration.
What you do at Avant:
- Build and maintain a roadmap for the product team which unlocks team collaboration and achieves objectives.
- Collaborate and align with the Program Manager to ensure the Product team is delivering on key initiatives.
- Eliminate obstacles for teams delivering roadmap project work
- Manage Product team resource allocation
- Facilitate initiative assessment and prioritization in order to achieve optimal value
- Manage key project progress and ongoing sprint cadence
- Ensure projects meet deadlines
- Assist with third party vendor management
- Document requirements for and prioritize list of feature and change requests
- Manage new product analysis projects requiring cross functional team research and collaboration
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 3+ years of project management experience, preferred in financial product, fintech or consumer finance space
- 4-year degree with preference for analytical or quantitative discipline
- Have a deep understanding of consumer lending and credit business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Big-picture thinking and vision
- Attention to detail
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience managing large scale projects with various stakeholders
- Hands on and results-oriented - willing to conduct analysis and proactively move projects along
- Experience with various project management tools, JIRA preferred and strong overall computer/systems understanding
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.