Product Strategy and Development Manager
To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. Join the AMA team as the Product Strategy and Development Manager in Improving Health Outcomes. As part of the team, you will support the implementation of the AMA’s mission by ensuring that product development initiatives in Improving Health Outcomes have maximum impact for key health care stakeholders who are targeted to benefit from the product. You will ensure that product development and implementation are effectively managed and that product design features offer solutions which spread and advance Improving Health Outcomes objectives.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Leads the development of product roadmaps, release plans, and feature backlogs. This includes working with multiple AMA stakeholders to manage the complete product planning process, from ideation through end-of-life.
- Perform market, competitive and financial analysis in support of identifying or developing new products, expanding existing businesses or special products.
- Manage the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project, while ensuring that all product management activities adhere to governance requirements and AMA operational processes. Lead vendor selection (including RFPs and pricing) and manage vendor relationships.
- Prepare presentations for senior management to make product strategy and investment recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, health care administration, or related field required; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years total business experience; 3 + years health care-focused experience in product development, product management, consulting, government, and/or industry preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience managing web, mobile application or other information technology development projects.
- Understanding of medical education and health care systems and experience working directly with physicians and other health care professionals preferred.
- Experience conducting financial and competitive analysis across multiple segments of the health care industry.
- Experience developing and presenting cases for new product/services and features; experience in utilizing customer insights to drive product innovations.
- Demonstrated experience extracting value from development teams, including facilitating rapid problem-solving sessions.
- Able to develop and secure buy-in from multiple stakeholders on product strategies, requirements, and roadmaps.
- Project management skills including the development of technology-based products required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience presenting in a large group setting and publication record.
- Limited travel required.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please apply for the position at https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=2&c=ama-assn&id=912&source=BLTIN. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION