The Program Director is a key leader who will apply operational knowledge, experience and program management expertise to modernize and optimize Ensono’s Client’s infrastructure, mainframe and public cloud landscape. This includes shepherding the teams that do the design and development of solutions for complex technical engineering, applications, network or system administration. This individual is responsible for establishing the basic framework of a repeatable process that will define essential core design features and elements, measures the success of the program with continued improvement on the steady-state operations as the Client evolves, and be a trusted advisor to the client to run this program. The Program Director will incorporate engineering strategies for introducing new technology into the client's infrastructure related to its business processes of collection, analysis, production, dissemination, transformation and migration programs. The Program Director will manage the overall budget of the programs they oversee, providing analysis, organization and oversight of all costs and expenditures to meet the budgets set out for the program.
Ensono’s Program Director is a business and technology advisor who challenges the status quo to drive innovation and transformation within the enterprise space. This individual will work closely with our Clients to understand their business drivers and objectives to induce significant change and continuous improvement. This individual is responsible for aligning the strategic business requirements of the Client with the knowledge and capabilities of Ensono and leads the effort to execute multi-year transformation initiatives. The candidate will collaborate with internal stakeholders to coordinate architecture, features functions, migration and planning governance for the Client. This role works with the Client’s business and technical teams to create reference architecture frameworks, templates, and target state architecture designs.
The successful person in this role will be effective in fostering executive level relationships with an emphasis on Client satisfaction while owning the overall operational solution, migration and planning governance.
- Engage closely with C-level and Client Transformation executives to lead enterprise-wide transformation and migration program(s).
- Identify business drivers, goals and develop compelling board ready proposals and value-driven business cases to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional technology experts to drive architectural planning, execution plans and roadmaps to accelerate our Client’s business, transformation and migration outcome.
- Manage transitions of responsibility with Clients in the case of various scenarios such as colocation transitions or public cloud instances and ensure steady state consistency.
- This could include assimilating complex and diverse personnel and operational responsibility as well as managing, changing or competing demands and priorities.
- Drive and collaborate with counterparts within Internal teams (Consulting organizations, Product Engineering, Implementation Engineering and Program Management) and the Client Technology leads to create solution and strategies for transformation and migration program(s).
- Lead large scale migration projects in concert with multiple stakeholders through the assessment, planning and execution stages.
- Develop and conduct discovery, assessment and solution development workshops, often in collaboration with Client, Internal resources (consulting, operations, product, and program management teams) to design solutions.
- Develop and document solutions that meet Client’s (technical and business) requirements and allow them to adapt to changing industry needs with a focus on transformation and re-platform efforts
- Conduct solution development sessions and present technical solutions and business cases to a wide variety of audiences.
- Gain executive (Client and Internal) buy-in for complex solutions
- Gain Client’s confidence as a trusted operational adviser by offering consultation and recommendations drawn from insights, technology know-how and past experiences
- Align and partner with Product and Program Management to help drive appropriate product enhancements and changes to technology roadmap
- Report out on budget attainment for all aspects of expense and cost savings towards key programs
- Experience in planning and leading large-scale enterprise IT change management programs for transformation and migration program(s)
- Experience designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructure and cloud solution and services
- Demonstrated program leadership and management experience with high attention to detail in complex business or IT transformation environments
- Exceptional business acumen to understand Client’s needs to articulate and shape transformation initiatives
- 15+ years of experience as a leader of technology in the hosting and cloud space (preferably with a service provider and/or cloud MSP)
- 7+ years of relevant leadership experience in enterprise IT, consulting, and/or engineering/development/transformation and migrations
- Delivering enterprise IT professional service or cloud services
- Highly credibility with CxO and board-level audiences as well as technology leaders, engineers and developers
- Ability to share knowledge and expertise among various organizations within the company and to facilitate teamwork among those organizations to better serve our Clients
- Ability to work within internal and external team environment and demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Very comfortable with developing, implementing, managing and executing through influence across a cross-functional set of senior and Client stakeholders
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
- Understanding of (and experience with) public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) and hybrid solutions preferred
- Independent, Self-directed, Results-oriented
- Advanced presentation & communication skills
- Strong empathy, self-awareness and interpersonal skills
- Able to challenge status quo with compelling insight and data, while maintaining healthy, collaborative relationships
We ask that interested candidates can accommodate 20% travel as needed within the United States and internationally.