Program Manager, APS Systems & Technology
Leads the planning, designing and implementing Asset Protection Solutions systems. Performs encoding, testing, debugging and installation activities as necessary. Evaluates company systems and equipment on the basis of ability, capacity and strategic enterprise needs. Acts as the technical liaison to the business users. Relies on knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals. May train team members on use of systems.
- Implements innovative processes or changes that support the goals of the function or department including, but not limited to, the development / revision and submission of guidelines and procedures to enhance the quality of service and support.
- Configures and troubleshoots hardware and software to support the operational needs of the Asset Protection Solutions department. Contributes to database query, optimization, and design activities.
- Responds to questions from customers, Company personnel, and vendors regarding technology applications and other related issues.
- Performs as liaison to internal IT resources including those dedicated to Asset Protection Solutions as well as those that intersect with major systems (for example: POS, Cash Management, SIMS [perpetual inventory], Enterprise Data Warehouse, Intercom +, Loyalty).
- Indirectly assists in the development and mentoring of staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities. Builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Drives resolution of program conflicts. Responds to calls for escalated and immediate problem resolution.
- Manages external vendor partner relationships including vendor selection process, due diligence, negotiation, service level agreement creation and monitoring, and performance management.
- Delivers ongoing training and communications to stakeholder groups in the form of presentations, written communication, interactive workshops and other forms of media.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience working with systems and technology OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 4 years of experience working with systems and technology.
- At least 2 years experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- At least 2 years experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- At least 2 years experience developing/generating reports and delivering the results to various levels of the organization.
- At least 2 years experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel that includes use of Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, Vlookups, creating custom formulas and connecting to data from other sources.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA/Master's Degree
- At least 1 years experience of cross functional team leadership.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.