Provides dedicated support for transformation programs by facilitating business case and timeline development, managing progress to milestones, and refining benefits assumptions as necessary. Partners with business teams to actively manage leading indicators - challenging assumptions and proactively highlighting impact on customers and organization. Serves as a trusted, results-oriented, transformation subject matter expert. Responsible for programs that are cross-functional, cross-divisional, and are of significant magnitude and important to the execution of corporate business strategies and achievement of company objectives. Program work has a significant impact on the organization. Budget responsibilities are based on program requirements.
- Leads, organizes, directs, manages and controls inter-related program activities for transformation programs with most significant scope, benefits, and impact across business units.
- Executes prioritized transformation programs, setting program management routines and bringing focus to the team on the activities required to deliver on planned benefits.
- Directs program activities to ensure high quality results within defined time and budget schedules. Collaborates with business leaders and executive team to develop the end to end approach and evaluation of transformation programs.
- Analyzes and shares program-specific insights and recommendations to achieve operational effectiveness and expected benefits capture. Assesses and measures ongoing impact and evaluates changes to key assumptions / planned impact.
- Ensures programs are completed according to time and budget schedules, and that objectives conform to division overall standards and operations objectives and project requirements.
- Manages prioritization of projects within the program, ensuring that each project achieves its overall benefits.
- Proactively works with program teams to identify cross-functional complexities and resolve program level risks and issues.
- Resolves high level conflicts and negotiates with stakeholders.
- Manages the identification of needed expertise and requirements based on engagement model and functional expertise. When required, directs the activities of project teams through leadership and collaboration with other Business Transformation Office team members. If needed, oversees the performance management of matrixed team.
- Processes and synthesizes transformation program outputs into executive-level presentations, updates, risks, mitigations, and business recommendations.
- When required, develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years experience in one or more of the following functions: strategy, project management or process improvement OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in one or more of the following functions: strategy, project management or process improvement.
- Extensive experience applying / executing project management methodologies and practices including developing a project plan, charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, including knowledge of complex project management financials.
- Project experience aligned to one or more of the following industries: Retail, Healthcare, Insurance, Pharmacy, CPG.
- Experience with Portfolio Management.
- Experience managing complex, cross-functional, and enterprise-wide change.
- Experience presenting and reporting on program plans and cost-benefit analysis to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA/Master’s degree.
- Knowledge of business practices as related to functional area (e.g., strategy, project management, lean six sigma).
- Experience facilitating with strategic planning initiatives.
- Experience with PPM tools.
- Experience influencing others, including senior leadership.
- Acquired PMP Certification or willingness to obtain certification.
- Experience utilizing project management software and other standard project management scheduling tools, such as MS Project.