Program Manager, Classification at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork's Talent Operations team delivers outstanding solutions to our most critical clients. As a Pre Sales Classification Program Manager, you will be responsible for supporting Sales and their clients as they explore our classification services to decide if this is the right solution for them. You will work as a trusted operational partner, bringing together Upwork’s expertise and thought leadership to express the value of our product and to tackle our clients' needs. You need to excel at building internal and external relationships, and bring knowledge in building and scaling programs, compliantly, with partners that align with priorities and deliver results. Come join a collaborative, diverse team that helps grow the business with our colleagues and embodies the company's mission and values.Your Responsibilities:
- Be a specialist in Upwork’s classification services
- Support the sales team in articulating our offering through strategic, consultative, and prescriptive client-facing conversations
- Stay up to date on the features, advantages, and benefits of Upwork's entire suite of enterprise products/solutions, services, and offerings
- Develop positive relationships with client champions and hiring managers to educate, drive adoption and regularly deliver business results.
- Listen to calls that you were unable to support live
- Take extensive notes on all calls attended and listened to
- Meet regularly with sales partners to find opportunities
- Support launch preparations for new Clients
- Client facing experience (4-year minimum)
- Ability to optimally lead meetings internally and externally
- Outstanding interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Experience engaging with Fortune 500 customers
- Experience with account planning and mapping
- Experience with independent contractor compliance issues.
- Positive relationship and client management skills and aptitude for navigating complex organizations
- Ability to work cross-functional within Upwork to deliver excellent service to our customers
- A sales and growth mentality and ability to anticipate customer needs and sales opportunities
- Relentless attention to detail and organization
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. Whether you’re working from our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Chicago or are part of our globally distributed team, we’re working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. Our vibrant culture is built on a common mission and shared values. As we create economic opportunities so that people have better lives, our employees build amazing teams, put our community first and have a bias towards action. We encourage team Upwork to bring their whole selves to work through learning and development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. All that and amazing benefits too? We’ve got you covered (especially with our company favorite, Work Online Wednesdays). Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.