Program Manager - Fraud and Payments at Groupon
This role is an active and pertinent member of the Fraud and Payments Operations Global team at Groupon. Their main responsibility is to oversee and drive all technical and operational initiatives as it relates to the global roadmap determined by the head of the department, the Director of Fraud / Payments. As it relates to roadmap plans, the program manager should coordinate all project steps including but not limited to documenting operational requirements, sourcing of engineering resources, milestone / stand up
This position requires the ability to work independently as well as the capacity to work quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. This position will work on overlapping projects, so strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask are critical. Groupon is a fast-paced and exciting environment. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with some ambiguity and will be able to thrive in a resource-constrained atmosphere.
Overall, it is expected that this position have an expert understanding of program/product/project management methods and best practices, great analytic skills, along with a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach, and top-notch communication skills.
- Owner of the fraud and payments roadmap as it relates to technical and operations teams
- This position will coordinate pre-launch requirements, milestones and user acceptance testing
- Gather, document and analyze business requirements to build and implement customized solutions that support Groupon’s business processes
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and functional gaps in existing systems
- Implement enhancements to our existing fraud and payments architecture including providing recommendations on new features and industry best practices
- Communicate/Collaborate with developers of multiple teams
- Prepare training plans, materials and documentation for end users, keep materials up-to-date, and coordinate ongoing training sessions
- Responsible for managing the business demands, for the project scope definition, and for the implementation of projects
- Key facilitator and communicator of strategic and tactical payments information between a variety of cross-functional teams and senior level team members
- Define, support and execute payments engineering projects in close collaboration with one or more engineering teams
- Work closely with partners to identify and develop mutually beneficial partnerships that improve customer experience, expand distribution channels, and/or provide monetary benefit
- Partner with our analytics team to identify gaps, examine opportunities, and model improvements against speed, cost, and acceptance
- Investigate and resolve production issues by working with relevant internal teams, engineers and our paymentspartners as required
- Consult with product teams on best practices for new products with payments and risk implications. Scope engineering needs for operational tools and support flows. Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to develop tools, support infrastructure, content, and metrics for new product launches
- Identify and develop end-to-end support needs both in-product and operational through partnership with various engineering and operations teams. Break down issues into key components and design analytical & operational approaches to identify solutions
- Lead and program manage complex, cross-functional initiatives to support payments and risk in new products (i.e. set process, deadlines, deliverables) end-to-end. Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company including engineering and product
- Drive operations decisions and influence product development based on close monitoring of key performance indicators.
- Regularly provide updates to wider team; Run cross-functional working team meetings efficiently and effectively, with ability to connect dots, influence key decisions, and escalate at the appropriate time
- Collaborate closely with Product Management to translate roadmap priorities into a technology plan delivering self-service financial capabilities and features for 20K Partners.
- Act as Scrum Master on an Agile Team facilitating stand-ups, story grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, and administering work in collaboration tools. Helped the Team achieve a consistent sprint cadence with forward planning at the roadmap level as well as regular planning 1-2 sprints in advance.
- Collaborated with technology leadership to complete 3-year roadmap, in progress, for both product development and legacy system retirement. Facilitate regular program-level meetings to manage roadmap milestones and program risks and issues.
- Work with development, quality assurance, and technology operations to define roles and process collaborating as we mature in our Agile adoption.
- 5+ years of program/product development experience in consumer-focused companies
- A proven track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Ability to correctly use written and verbal communication skills to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Must be able to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities
- Must possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have bias for action, and experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficient in all aspects of Program/Project Management (Scope, Budget, Resources, Risk, Process, Change, Communication, Methodologies, etc.)
- Experience at leading and managing geographically distributed cross functional teams
- Experience of working within the Agile framework, SQL, Teradata, Excel
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.