The Group: The Investment Management group is a global team guided by Morningstar’s investment principles focused on delivering great long-term investment results to help end-investors reach their financial goals. Morningstar® Managed PortfoliosSM, our complete wealth management platform serving financial advisors, offers a broad lineup of strategies built with stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs to help meet an investor’s needs at each stage of their lifetime.
We seek an enthusiastic, results-driven candidate to serve as a hands-on Program Manager. This person will work with internal partners in product management, technology, design, marketing, operations, service, and sales to drive high-profile, complex initiatives forward. This role will focus on a new service for financial advisor clients of the Investment Management business.
You have a strong background in program/project management, Agile product development and process improvement. Experience in strategizing, planning, managing and implementing concurrent complex strategic projects across cross-functional teams using hybrid project management practices is required. The ability to communicate clearly at all levels, form strong relationships with team members and business partners, and proactively identify and control risks and dependencies is critical in this role.
• Work with cross-functional leaders to determine technology, design, and project management resource requirements to execute product strategy and deliver on commitments.
• Directly lead multiple initiatives concurrently to include planning, scheduling and delivery working with delivery teams and to ensure that project goals are successfully met within budget and to high quality standards
• Communicate regular program and project level updates across all stakeholder groups.
• Identify and handle dependencies between multiple teams throughout the organization.
• Coach teams to identify and solve project issues effectively.
• Identify, monitor and mitigate project risks
• Lead program reviews with business partners to report on and facilitate conversations regarding KPI status, progress, resources, and risks.
• Establish and maintain trusted relationships with product managers, designers, technology teams, and business partners.
• Ensure that the program embraces Agile methodology and serve as Scrum Master and Agile coach.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Proven track record as a senior project manager or program manager
• 5+ years of experience working on complex project and/or programs
• 1+ years of experience in Agile development practices as a Scrum Master
• Experience configuring Atlassian JIRA, JIRA Align and/or Confluence
• Proven ability to lead a cross-functional team
• Ability to work through differing opinions while contributing consistently and positively in a dynamic, high-paced, and often unpredictable work environment
• Effective in promoting a collaborative environment
• Solid leadership, time management, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
• Experience leading projects in financial services or software product development is a plus
002_MstarAssocLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity