Program Manager, Office of CRO at Flexport
We’re looking for a highly capable Program Manager to join the Chief Revenue Officer’s team and support the management of high profile change initiatives from design through implementation. Flexport’s Demand team is composed of Sales, Client Solutions, Customer Experience, Commercial Solutions and Global Expansion teams.
Working closely with/Reporting to the CRO’s Chief of Staff, our Program Manager will project manage and support key programs in the CRO’s office. They will own high priority, high velocity projects from start to finish. They will scope initiatives, set up project plans and operating rhythms, and organize stakeholder groups to execute upon these priorities.
This role is ideal for someone with experience in project management and logistics (operations and/or commercial) , and interested in leading complex initiatives in the future. They will support important global initiatives related to strategic planning, operating rhythms and process improvement along with direct project support for company priorities.
This role is ideal for a highly organized individual, with logistics experience, excellent communication skills, and the ability to drive cross functional projects through completion with little direction. It’s an exciting opportunity to contribute to company growth and corporate strategy.What you’ll do:
- Support the Office of the CRO in channeling/directing focus on key-critical initiatives to unblock Demand teams to achieve organization goals;
- Work collaboratively with other stakeholders to solve bottlenecks and issues with current processes, prioritize potential opportunities based on impact;
- Drive development of job tools and communication materials;
- Work cross-functionally with technology teams, data analytics, operations, tradelane management, and demand teams to scalably identify, validate, and improve today’s challenges ;
- Lead/Direct key contributors in solving problems via deep data and process gap analysis;
- Successfully lead critical projects that support global objectives and initiatives without a lot of direction;
- Be the reliable source of truth for the status of projects and hold people accountable for deliverables;
- 5+ years experience in logistics business and/or commercial operations, analytics or consulting, roles;
- BA/BS degree requirements, MBA preferred ;
- Low ego, growth mindset, high emotional intelligence (EQ), innately curious, resourceful, and always ready to roll up your sleeves to solve the tough problems;
- Self starter with high level of autonomy and integrity in your work;
- The ability to think critically and strategically;
- Experience with change management;
- A deep conviction that technology will change the way global logistics operates;
- Innate curiosity to dive deep into ambiguous problems and really understand root causes and key drivers;
- Ability to develop frameworks to structure problems, think in data systems and simplify the complex;
- Skills: data analysis, presentation, excellent verbal and written communication, SQL experience preferred;
- An interest to take a consultative and data-driven analytical approach to solving complex problems;
- Strong time management skills with a sense of urgency - proven ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects with little management, willing to chase work down and love the responsibility of being empowered;
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.