Creates and drives end-to-end integrated plans for an omnichannel type solutions. Implements program related activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other units / teams / projects. Typically assigned to strategic / complex undertakings. Receives work in the form of short- and mid-term outcomes that regularly require the application of autonomy judgment and creativity.
• Manages Omni-Channel initiatives and integration across the organization. Bridges gaps between functional areas such as Business, Marketing, Product, Engineering and Legal.
• Able to drive program initiatives and deep dive to understand key customer problems and/or business impacts.
• Thinks critically and understands the business needs of a program holistically. Implements on a program plan based on strategic solutions and ensure excellence in day-to-day operations.
• Prepares and communicates program schedules, milestones, budgets and outcomes with stakeholders.
• Manages program issues/risks and provides recommended solutions/course of action. Presents issues and works with management to resolve critical conflicts.
• Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
• Works across various functional areas and navigate through disparate operating models (e.g., Agile vs. Waterfall)
• Participates in removing barriers to timely and cost effective project completion in alignment to the overall program objectives.
• Coordinates and tracks resources, assets, financials and schedules to ensure timely program outcomes. Assists team members and stakeholders in making cost / benefit decisions.
• Leads and mentors scrum masters/project managers. Serves as a resource to the team to resolve complex problems.
• Tracks and reports metrics, goals and KPI’s to measure business outcomes.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years of project/program management experience OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 10 years of project/program management experience
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience prioritizing and performing multiple tasks in time-critical situations
- Experience developing new business models and opportunities; defining, developing, and documenting business requirements and functional specifications.
- At least 2 years of experience managing project risks.
- At least 2 years’ experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and budgets for projects.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience managing software development projects.
- Experience and knowledge of JIRA.
- Knowledge of mobile technologies.
- Experience with web technologies and online software development practices.
- Ability to manage highly complex initiatives.