Program Manager, Research Operations at Morningstar
Morningstar's Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, managed investments, portfolios, and markets. The group also collects and maintains high-quality data on the equities, managed investments, and fixed-income investments we cover in our database, one of the largest investment databases in the world. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of manager, equity, and credit research in the world. We transform data into insights that investors can use to reach their financial goals.
Research Operations has an open Program Manager position. The role entails managing projects of significant size and complexity within the Research Group and helping support the operations of the equity and manager research analysts. The role also supports the ongoing operations of the Manager Selection team.
- Define and manage large, cross-departmental research programs that can include new or redesigned research reports, changes to methodologies, evaluation of existing methodologies, or incorporating new data points.
- Track and report on the status of projects within the Morningstar Project Management Framework.
- Support the ongoing operations of the analyst teams in Equity and Manager Research including coverage, publishing, and report design and production.
- Coordinate activities of the research teams with Data, Design, and Technology.
- Become familiar with the systems and toolkit that support our analyst teams: Quickbase, Research Publishing System, Direct.
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 Years project-management or relevant experience
- Facility with productivity tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Morningstar data
- Facility with project-management tools
- Facility with data analysis
036_MstarResearchLLC Morningstar Research Services LLC Legal Entity