Program Manager - Tech - 2 at Nordstrom
Our team is responsible for delivering technology solutions supporting the Employee Experience and supports the comprehensive services and applications that enable Human Capital Management, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Recruiting, Time, Talent, Learning, and Workforce Management. Our goal is to deliver a best in class experience for our employees by furnishing the tools and enabling the processes through technology that are needed to deliver engaging experiences aimed at talent attraction and retention. The Program Manager 2 partners with internal stakeholders to develop, design, build and launch technology solutions. This position interacts with people in both business and technical roles to create specifications and resolve issues with an eye toward continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have hands-on project/program management experience as well as experience leading and implementing Agile practices.
A day in the life...
- Combines full understanding of concepts, theories and principles with business insights and manages moderately complex programs
- Knows who customers are and communicates technical requirements to dependent teams. Defines data requirements in both technical and business terms that inform the success of programs
- Uses customer lens to create data measurements to quantify measures for success and recognizes gaps in technical and operational KPI's
- Possesses base level knowledge of technology (e.g. Cloud, APIs, services, Windows stack, open source, database technologies, etc.)
- Possesses broad understanding of end to end capability and applies engineering lifecycle knowledge to feature design, task estimation, design review, story creation, triage, schedule and performance standards
- Reads basic code constructs, understands and identifies estimates of effort to complete engineering work streams
You own this if you have...
- 3 + years of Project or Program Management experience
- 3 + years of demonstrated successful program delivery
- Management of programs with cross-functional stakeholders
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Technology background, especially in a cloud-based architecture with a deep understanding of software development, passion for data and analytics
- 4-year degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Human Resources experiences would be plus but, not required
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.