Program Manager at Root
The social media program owner will own the roadmap for strategic initiatives involving social, day-to-day organic social media content programs, strategic community drivers, and social partnerships.
This is not a project management role. This role is empowered to create measurable outcomes of our Social Media program and is responsible for doing so.
What you’ll be doing.
Organic Social Program Vision
- Roadmapping + Stakeholder Management
- Own roadmaps for all of Root’s organic social media marketing program
- Partner with marketing, PR, creative, and other cross-functional stakeholders to deeply understand their businesses and co-develop initiatives that enable business and customer value
- Gather requirements/problem definition and normalize discrepancies between stakeholders
- Work hand in hand with a Social Media Manager, Designer, Writer, and Creative Director to deliver value to our social media followers across platforms
- Create and prioritize product backlogs that describe the “what” of strategic initiatives, day-to-day organic social media content programs, strategic community drivers, and social partnerships
- Empower creative and cross-functional contributors to be self-organized by allowing them to determined the “how” for all sprint backlog items
- Collaborate with other creative marketing product owners on complex, cross-team initiatives and campaigns
- Develop metrics dashboard, analytics, and weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting processes for the organic social program
- Own sprint review process and analysis
- Administer organic social budget in partnership with marketing operations
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup and this is a brand new team)
- Develop and monitor quarterly OKRs for key initiatives to ensure alignment
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data to identify opportunities to enhance the customer journey, improve engagement rate, and drive audience growth and retention
- Communicate and evangelize the organic social media vision and progress throughout Root from C-level stakeholders down, and laterally across business units
What we're looking for.
- 3+ years building martech related programs/products or leading program/product ownership for a creative/content team
- Experience as a social media marketer or marketing analyst is a plus, but not sufficient by itself
- A data-driven, results-oriented mindset, equally comfortable using both sides of your brain to come up with outside-the-box ideas that have the power to move the needle
- Strong analytical skills, with a proven ability to extract high-level insights from complex data sets
- Understanding of agile-compatible measurement, reporting, and analysis
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.