Program Manager at JPMorgan Chase
As an experienced professional in Project Execution, you thrive at managing complex technology programs that have far-reaching implications for clients, employees, and stakeholders throughout the firm. This role requires a strong grasp of the big-picture – namely, how can technology help achieve business goals – as well as a keen ability to establish priorities, manage resources and budgets, and build and incentivize high-performing teams. You'll work closely with colleagues across the firm to identify opportunities to develop projects and programs that are broadly applicable. Once you and your team establish a roadmap, you'll play an integral role in ensuring that the project is running on time, within budget, and in accordance with firm-wide guidelines, including risk and architecture. Just as importantly, you'll work with your team to set goals, foster collaboration, and promote the values, culture, and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Seeking a highly motivated individual with proven ability to successfully lead a team supporting various scale initiatives in a fast-paced, dynamic and challenging environment; execute on key initiatives; problem solve and manage risk; as well as have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- PMP certification a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in project/program management with experience in Agile and other methodologies
- Knowledge of the payments industry desired
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with ability to establish trust and credibility, and build shared understanding across lines of business and functions, work well in cross-functional teams, and influence key stakeholders
- Self-starter able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and cross-functional environment that is results-driven
- Strong end-to-end problem-solving skills including deconstructing problems, prioritizing issues, structuring analysis, identifying implications, and proposing solutions
- Excellent written, visual, and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience and business needs to a technical audience
- Logical thinker with ability to identify and articulate rationale, assumptions, and risks
- Openness to an environment of active developmental feedback from peers
- Strong time-management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Skilled at Jira, Sharepoint, Excel, PowerPoint and other MS suite applications
- Expert knowledge in all business processes across an entire line of business, as well expertise in other lines of business and technology disciplines
- Understanding of global and line of business project and program management standards and methods
- Experience working with high-performing teams in complex program execution
- Strong understanding of Waterfall and Agile methods; stakeholder management; budget management, risk management and operations
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the firm
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.