We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
About the Opportunity:
We’re looking for an experienced Program Manager to oversee the execution of large, complex programs across multiple teams, functions and departments. This highly-visible role will use their experience in project management methodologies to drive the planning and execution of work across our Product and Technology teams, while connecting and providing transparency to our business partners across the organization
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Coordinate and track individual projects, programs and initiatives that support company strategic plans and product/services to drive business results. Foster an environment of collaboration, partnership, customer focus, quality, excellence, urgency, accountability, continuous improvement and innovation. Define expectations and metrics and monitor performance.
- Lead two Initiatives in our Logistics & Delivery department that cross multiple tech teams, working closely with various technology and product teams to ensure projects under these initiatives are executed according to expected timelines.
- Oversee planning of projects, programs and initiatives ensuring consistency and compliance to company processes and policies. Contribute to, and assist facilitation of Agile development practices. Drive execution and accountability to deliver on time, on budget, to scope and with quality. Ensure people, processes, and technologies are aligned to deliver business value.
- Partner with executive leadership and business stakeholders in an organized governance model to maintain prioritization of projects, programs and initiatives, and ensure appropriate alignment of resources. Build a reputation as a trusted partner who understands the business and collaborates to deliver on commitments and drive business results.
- Be a true “servant-leader” and support the team’s efforts to identify, communicate, and resolve interdependencies, risks, and issues. Help teams manage and resolve conflicts.
- Maintain effective communication with senior management to keep them aware of critical issues and develop action plans for addressing those issues.
- Prepare and present regular status updates for the initiative, including roadmaps, project timelines and resource allocation.
- Assist with the process transformation across multiple departments of a large scale technology organization to become a collaborative, people-focused and KPI-driven agile organization.
- Work cross-departmentally with our partners in Operations, aligning on roadmap dependencies in the end-to-end execution of our joint programs.
- Partner with Finance to align on process improvements, including capital accounting procedures and budgeting.
You Should Have
- Enthusiastic: You’ll need an optimistic, charismatic and outgoing personality in order to lead by influencing others and you’ll be a key part of making our workplace fun and energetic.
- Motivational: You’ll need the ability to motivate others by demonstrating a clear purpose for the team and how their work fits into the company’s strategy, while facilitating a sense of autonomy and creating an environment where people can continue to master their craft through professional development. You must be willing to hold teams accountable to our vision and values.
- Adaptable: You’ll have the ability to dynamically adapt to shifts in priorities and projects, resolving contention and solving problems across technology and our business partners.
- Transparent: Your management style must be honest, transparent and authentic and you need the ability to build relationships and trust quickly.
- Critical thinking: You must be able to ensure that the programs we release will positively impact our business and not be afraid to be a voice of reason and authority when a product is not ready in the face of external pressure to hit a specific timeframe.
Bonus points for...
- 3+ years of experience as a Program Manager within a technology or e-commerce organization.
- Solid understanding of different software development lifecycle models and expert knowledge in agile and traditional principles, with the ability to blend processes to find the right fit for technology and our business.
- Sufficient technical background to quickly earn the respect of our engineering team, and bonus points if you come from an engineering background.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, with some public speaking expertise presenting at meetups and conferences.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.