project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
We are looking for our first Program Manager to help drive the most important projects our company is working on! You will be working with leadership across technology and the entire business to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget. You will report directly to the Vice President of Product and will have a key role in driving the success of project44!
- Create and manage a complex project from start to finish by utilizing advanced project management skills
- Ensure that all project goals align with strategic objectives, and all team members have a clear understanding of project goals throughout the entire project life cycle
- Provide administrative support as well as identify risks, issues, challenges and opportunities that may affect the project deliverables and timeline
- Provide continuous improvement through analysis, process improvement, metrics reporting and program maturity tracking.
- Implement and share project management best practices and proven methodologies for successful completion of projects
- Define, manage and drive special, business critical projects to successful completion while providing visibility to executive stakeholders
- This is a multi-dimensional and multi-functional role, which will require reporting program status to executives, as well as diving deep into technical discussions with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Generate both high-level and detailed reports for project stake holders spanning business and technical teams
- Document all project artifacts and ensure that they are complete, organized, stored appropriately and shared with project members
- Set the standards for communications and reporting. Monitor and provide feedback on communications between teams. Ensure a consistent set of values and cultural awareness exists across the team's communications.
- Coordinate project activities that require feature development with scrum masters and product owners
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis and changes to the project and or business objectives
- Actively learn and fully understand project44 business model, product offering, go-to-market, etc.
- Take a leadership role within project44, empowering, motivating, and supporting team members to do their best work
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Experience working with fast-growth technology company, strongly preferred
- Experience managing large, complex projects across multiple functions
- 7+ years of experience managing multiple technology projects and programs
- Bachelor’s degree in and Engineer or Business field
- Worked closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- PMP, or similar qualification, strongly preferred
- Experience in supporting development, implementation, and evaluation of strategies to effect change
- Experience with freight logistics, preferred
- Experience working with a SaaS product, preferred
- Ability to be strategic and roll up your sleeves to accomplish what needs to be done
- Highly organized with a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Ability to drive projects to successful completion
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong and precise communication, being comfortable with presenting to executives and large audiences