About The Opportunity
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
About the job:
We’re looking for an experienced Program Manager to oversee the execution of large, complex programs across multiple teams, functions and departments. This highly-visible role will use their experience in project management methodologies to drive the planning and execution of work across our Product and Technology teams, while connecting and providing transparency to our business partners across the organization.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Coordinate the execution of work of multiple teams working under a common initiative.
- Facilitate activities such as sprint planning, standups and retrospectives and providing transparency into the work committed and completed.
- Be a true “servant-leader” and support the team’s efforts to identify, communicate, and resolve interdependencies, risks, and issues. Help teams manage and resolve conflicts.
- Maintain effective communication with senior management to keep them aware of critical issues confronting product delivery and of the action plans for addressing those issues.
- Prepare and present regular status updates for the initiative, including roadmaps, project timelines and action plans.
- Assist with the process transformation across multiple departments of a large scale technology organization to become a collaborative, people-focused and KPI-driven agile organization.
- Work cross-departmentally with our partners in Operations, aligning on roadmap dependencies in the end-to-end execution of our joint programs.
- Partner with Finance to align on process improvements, including capital accounting procedures and budgeting.
You Should Have
- Enthusiastic: You’ll need an optimistic, charismatic and outgoing personality in order to lead by influencing others and you’ll be a key part of making our workplace fun and energetic.
- Motivational: You’ll need the ability to motivate others by demonstrating a clear purpose for the team and how their work fits into the company’s strategy, while facilitating a sense of autonomy and creating an environment where people can continue to master their craft through professional development. You must be willing to hold teams accountable to our vision and values.
- Adaptable: You’ll have the ability to dynamically adapt to shifts in priorities and projects, resolving contention and solving problems across technology and our business partners.
- Transparent: Your management style must be honest, transparent and authentic and you need the ability to build relationships and trust quickly.
- Critical thinking: You must be able to ensure that the programs we release will positively impact our business and not be afraid to be a voice of reason and authority when a product is not ready in the face of external pressure to hit a specific timeframe.
Bonus points for...
- At least 5 years of experience as a Program Manager within a technology or e-commerce organization.
- PMP certification, Product Owner or Scrum Master certifications a plus.
- Solid understanding of different software development lifecycle models and expert knowledge in agile and traditional principles, with the ability to blend processes to find the right fit for technology and our business.
- Sufficient technical background to quickly earn the respect of our engineering team, and bonus points if you come from an engineering background.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, with public speaking expertise presenting at meetups and conferences.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.