The Team: Fueling the technologies that drive our products and support our company`s infrastructure, the Cloud Services team enables public cloud at scale for our application teams to deploy applications securely, reliably, and in a compliant state. Though our technologists represent a range of skills and knowledge bases, they all view technology as a craft and care deeply about creating positive user experiences. From Agile methodologies to mobile applications to software as a service (SaaS), we push technology`s boundaries to build scalable, elegant solutions that help investors reach their financial goals.
The Role: The Cloud Services team is looking for a Program Manager to join us as we migrate to public cloud. In this role you will align all the various stakeholders to our public cloud strategy. One day you will be coordinating a deep technical session with our public cloud provider and our architects, another you will be presenting on our migration status to executive leadership. A secondary responsibility of this role will be to act as the scrum master for the Cloud Services squad.
• Ensure senior stakeholders are in alignment with our cloud strategy through coordination of executive leadership updates and governance meetings
• Coordinate cloud migration roadmap by collaborating with product owners and other stakeholders
• Develop and report on KPIs related to public cloud migration
• Schedule and coordinate technical events (immersion days, open office hours, architecture reviews, etc) to support our cloud migration
• Schedule and coordinate business events (QBRs, budget planning, competency certification,etc)
• Work closely with Cloud Financial Manager to ensure teams are within forecasted spend
• Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies for the Cloud Services team, including Stand-ups, Backlog Grooming, Story Estimation, Sprint Planning, Team Retrospectives, and Release Planning; arranging for resources the squads need and ensuring full team involvement.
• 3-5 years experience of program management
• Effective at creating and communicating project reports including status reports, velocity metrics, burndown charts, etc
• Strong interpersonal skills for coaching, team building, and negotiating
• Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills for managing competing demands and priorities
• Ability to understand the business and client needs with a creative problem-solving mindset
• Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced, complex environment with the ability to keep the team focused on business objectives.
• A bachelor's degree is required.
• AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification or relevant experience
• Scrum Master certification or relevant experience
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.