Program Manager at Uptake
What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What You'll Do:
As Program Manager on the Implementation team, you will be responsible for ensuring cohesive, thoughtful progress across internal and external work streams for a variety of projects. This requires a deep understanding of relationship dynamics, strong process development and adherence, and proven expertise in program and project management. The Program Manager is responsible for engaging with a wide variety of teams to ensure successful and on-time delivery and execution of customer commitments. This role is accountable for delivery for key accounts with regular interaction with customer stakeholders, and is expected to perform at a senior and autonomous level. This individual is intellectually curious, has excellent communication and writing skills, and has a strong willingness to learn and apply knowledge creatively.
- Manage project risks and issues, escalate blockers as required
- Ensure seamless operations, identifying internal and external blockers and working with relevant groups to remove those blockers
- Identify and manage projects risks and address them before they become blockers
- Own escalation updates to Customer Success Managers and the Commercial team, appropriately sharing and discussing urgent and important issues as they arise
- Create, update and manage project plans to ensure project success
- Lead the working team responsible to achieve project objectives
- Identify and manage schedule and resource interdependencies
- Drive progress to project deadlines and milestones
- Maintain project alignment to produce deliverables and meet objectives
- Work with functional team leads to allocate resources
- Work with Customer Success Engineering and Product & Tech teams, as needed, to ensure timely delivery of all milestones.
- Build relationships with project work stream owners to plan and measure delivery of project goals
- Work with Customer Success Managers, to clearly understand the customer goals and have the ability to navigate and mediate issues to successful resolution
- Communicate and translate business and technical requirements to various stakeholders
- Define and maintain stakeholder expectations
- Coordinate between Uptake’s functional team leads with Customer Success Manager, customer stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure on time and on budget delivery of projects
- Effectively work with Uptake technical teams, including engineers and data scientists, to understand Uptake products and technology
- Coordinate with work stream owners to ensure needs and expectations are communicated appropriately to other Uptake teams and customer
- Responsible for the successful completion of all milestones
- Provide project updates via creation of communications materials, dashboards and reports
- Responsible for managing all assigned project KPIs and measurement of those targets and KPIs
- Provide leadership and guidance to Customer Success team
- Proactive in providing leadership and guidance to Project Manager(s) to ensure needs and expectations are translated to other Uptake teams and customer
- Work closely with Operations team to identify and develop best practices and tools required for project and organizational success (communication materials, dashboards, reports, implementation playbooks, etc)
- Onboard assets
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop prioritized plans for asset onboarding
- Validate incoming data for data science and product/solution consumption
- 10+ years of experience in project/program management, consulting, product, implementation or other customer-focused role
- Demonstrated experience managing complex relationships and projects, mediating disputes and negotiating resolution to difficult problems
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be hands-on and flexible
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning, leading and execution to contribute to program consistency
- Ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges
- Experience in a SaaS or enterprise software environment
- Experience working with Fortune 100 industrial companies
- Project management certification
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.