The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. We transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, and service teams collaborate to provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Role: We seek an enthusiastic, results-driven candidate to serve as a Program Manager within the product success group. In this role, you will work with internal partners in Product Management, Technology, Marketing & Communications, Customer Success, Support, Service, and Sales to drive large and complex initiatives forward. You will help transition of our existing Direct clients to the new cloud editions and work on other highly visible, complex projects across the software business.
You have a strong background in both product work and process improvement and are experienced in guiding cross-functional teams to success using hybrid project management practices. Experience planning and successfully delivering complex projects across multiple teams, including the oversight of multiple project plans and key metrics, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced technical environment is critical. The ability to communicate clearly at all levels, form strong relationships with stakeholders and proactively identify and manage risks is essential in this role. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience using, Agile and Lean project management methodologies.
- Conceptualize, define, and manage technology projects from end-to-end, working closely with the development and business teams.
- Develop, communicate, and track the project plan to cross-functional teams, ensuring its overall success.
- Ensure progress of multiple projects against schedule, within budget and to high quality standards.
- Define, manage, and improve the development process.
- Mentor/educate team members and peers in project management methods and best practices.
- Manage and drive change where needed to core operational processes, dynamically reacting to evolving client needs and conflicting priorities.
- Help global teams to juggle schedules and resources.
- Proactively identify risks and potential issues and develop mitigation plans.
- Effectively communicate objectives and updates to all key stakeholders.
- Be able to operate independently in a workstream while holding accountability end to end in agile delivery
- 5+ years of project management experience, including large scale system project management in software and data services
- Previous experience leading cross functional teams for program level initiatives which will require dependency management
- Self-starter, comfortable with implementing and executing Agile development processes and accepting responsibility for seeing projects through to completion.
- Exhibits excellent judgment and strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication, people, negotiation, and management skills across all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree.