Project Coordinator, Information Security
Job Description Summary
This position will be responsible for the management of Security and occasionally IT infrastructure projects usually 5-7 small/medium projects per year. In addition, this individual will be responsible for the design of the security information training program and working with the HR/Training departments for implementation. The coordinator will also be responsible for producing organizational announcements and newsletters as necessary. The coordinator will also be responsible for assigning and tracking security vulnerabilities to ensure that they are patched. Long term, the coordinator will also be involved in the CCC Privacy Administration program.
- Manage the user education program, liaising with human resources, the training department, development teams, operations teams, and outside suppliers. This includes administering initial security training to employees, ongoing phishing training, monthly security newsletters, and providing news alerts for security events.
- Maintain the compliance tracking program, vulnerability tracking programs (Rapid 7, Security Scorecard) and a risk register for issues to be resolved
- Respond to security related Requests for Proposals and Compliance documents by maintaining the CCC Loopio repository of responses.
- Develop a Data Privacy Program and Data Classification/Management Program
- Develop and write computer security department policies and procedures.
- Coordinate projects to ensure information security.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor detailed project schedules including timelines, workflow, budgets, personnel, and resources; maintains project calendars and tracks updates or modifications to project plans.
- Facilitate collaboration between project decision-makers.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure that projects remain on schedule and within budget parameters.
- Maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external resources to foster a security culture and ensure the success of interdepartmental projects.
- Coordinate and organize departmental activities.
- Track security incidents, security assessments and actions from security audits.
- Data analysis and security KPI reporting.
- Preparing reports and technical documentation for managers and users.
- Respond to Infosec queries and support requests.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience, preferably including project coordination.
- A good understanding of Information Technology and a strong desire to develop a career in Information Security.
- Technically literate, including a good knowledge of SharePoint.
- Knowledge of project coordination frameworks, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to be innovative, and to understand and analyze different markets.
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, at all levels in the organization and with external contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive data and information.
- Ability to build and sustain successful, professional relationships.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to define and execute a program of work.
- Ability to take ownership of an initiative/issue thru completion
- Proactive approach, able to work on multiple parallel activities in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.