Project Coordinator - MMX at American Medical Association
The American Medical Association (AMA), a nonprofit, is the nation's largest professional Association of physicians. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America's physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
As an employer, we are dedicated to many efforts, including employee learning and development, social responsibility, diversity and inclusion and wellness.
Our well-defined culture has strongly impacted the prosperity of our organization. Our foundational values of Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Collaboration, Agility and Trust are at the core of our efforts and continue to shape the success of the AMA.
We have an opportunity at our corporate offices in Chicago for a Project Coordinator on our Marketing and Member Experience (MMX) team. As a part of the team, you will coordinate and administer assigned projects, and programs, on the Digital Channel Team in MMX that support the AMA’s strategic plan. These types of projects include working on timeline planning, documenting processes, establishing measurable timelines and milestones; maintaining spreadsheets/databases, and standardization of materials and processes.
- Develop timelines and advise on resource availability for current and incoming projects to provide input on feasibility
- Ensure that task-related information and instructions are delivered to various individuals and teams; provide project support in a timely manner
- Work with partner organizations to facilitate, coordinate, and support logistics related to projects and programs
- Review and update timelines with team members to ensure all milestones and deliverable dates are accounted for, reasonable and can be met on time; seek cross-team approvals and support if needed
- Assist manager with project management across the MMX programs, which serves to document processes, provide measurable timelines and milestones, and create linkage to budget performance
- Contribute to support administrative functions directly related to the operations of the team
- Serve as a liaison for the Group with external associations, institutions and vendors
- Gather and prepare meeting materials and provide on-site assistance for meetings
- Respond to requests in clear, professional and timely manner
Assist with Reports and Workflows
- Update tracking spreadsheets, reporting databases, dashboards, and/or surveys
- Assist the manager by trying to find efficiencies to workflows processes
- Coordinate communication with other departments as designated to support timely completion of activities
May include other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Minimum 3 years of work experience, with an understanding of project management
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, adjust to changing demands, and multi-task across many assignments; detail and task oriented
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including relationship-building; ability to interface effectively with people of varying disciplines, background, and expertise
- Experience in quality improvement initiatives of workflows preferred
- Experience working with physicians and healthcare organizations preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and able to function effectively as a team member
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook. Experience with Microsoft™ Project and web-based survey development tools preferred
- Some travel required
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please apply for the position at https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=2&c=ama-assn&id=1366&source=BIC. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION