Project Engineer at Fast Radius
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:03 p.m. (CST) on Monday, May 11, 2020
Fast Radius is the leading provider of additive manufacturing solutions, including application discovery, product design and testing, and production-grade manufacturing.
From entirely new products uniquely enabled by additive manufacturing to global supply chain solutions leveraging a virtual warehouse, Fast Radius brings the future of manufacturing and the supply chain to its clients. Last year, Fast Radius was recognized as one of the 9 companies best “implementing technologies of the Fourth Industrial Revolution” by the World Economic Forum (WEF)—the only company honored that is based in North America. Fast Radius is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Atlanta, GA and Singapore, as well as a production hub on-site at the UPS Worldport facility in Louisville, KY. Visit www.fastradius.com for additional information.
Fast Radius supplies the world’s leading global corporations with a comprehensive suite of at-scale production services, from additive manufacturing through injection molding and CNC. Project Engineers serve as the lead in engineering projects for our largest customers, both manufacturing and design, and coordinate leveraging internal and external resources to execute projects on time and to the highest standards. Additionally, they serve as the single point of contact to the customer throughout a project, from PO execution through ongoing order fulfillment and delivery.
- Collaboratively work with commercial team to support SOW development
- Develop project timelines that are realistic and achievable by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements
- Determine project specifications, feasibility assessments, and performance standards by understanding customer requirements
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities with internal and external resources, and resolving problems
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and managing changes
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends as well as recommending actions
- Control project costs, including internal resource allocation
- Drive sourcing decisions to maximize product quality and margin
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or other applicable technical fields
- Minimum of three years working experience in engineering product/program administration and management
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Fundamental understanding of material selection for design, common manufacturing processes, and additive manufacturing
- Intermediate CAD proficiency
- Interpersonal Skills
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Time Management Skills
- Master’s Degree in applicable technical fields, and/or project management certification
- Prior experience in a manufacturing setting
- Familiarity with APQP Process
- Experience with business process development and implementation
What Fast Radius Will Provide To You:
- Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of one of the most exciting growth businesses in Chicago - we are building a world-changing company and are looking for hungry, talented leaders to join us on an exciting journey
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
- Eligible for stock options in a high-growth business backed by top-tier venture firms
- Generous vacation policy and office holidays
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description