Project Manager - Business Risk Management at Avant (Chicago, IL)
Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over one million customers to $6.5 billion in loans and to 200,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is looking for an intellectually curious and highly motivated Project Manager who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment to join our team. The Project Manager is responsible for collaborating with non-technical business stakeholders and technical product managers to plan, organize, and deliver projects for our Business Risk Management function.
What might you do at Avant:
- Facilitating the firm-wide Risk & Control Self Assessment (RCSA) process by working across Avant’s business units (including Operations, Product, Risk, IT, and others) to: Provide training and functional support on assessment methodology and use of the assessment application; Participate and document actions as part of the overall governance structure; Ensure assessments are executed appropriately and on time
- Identify opportunities to drive enhanced business decision making through consistent use and analysis of underlying data related to Operational Risk, report results to Leadership, and support implementation of recommendations
- Execute and manage activities on Corrective Action Program strategy as determined by Leadership
- Lead cross-functional project planning among Risk, Product, Marketing, Tech, and Ops related to Operational Risk
- Execution, prioritization, and communication of assigned teams’ respective road maps
- JIRA program management
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- You have 3+ years of project management experience
- You have 3+ years of risk and controls experience
- You have experience with various project management tools, JIRA preferred
- You have experience managing large scale projects with various stakeholders
- You’re hands on and results-oriented - willing to conduct analysis and proactively move projects along when needed
- Project management qualification (PMP) is preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.