Project Manager - Customer Facing Technology
The McDonald's Digital Menu Board (DMB) Program is responsible for optimizing and maintaining the US instance of the world's largest digital signage platform. The solution consists of customer facing menu signage running in all US McDonald's Restaurants. The DMB team is ultimately responsible for all content creation and delivery, as well as all IT solution project management and subsequent deployment.
McDonald’s goal is to be a modern, dynamic burger company delivering a contemporary customer experience. Customers are expecting new and exciting experiences and services that are easy to use and seamlessly integrated into their daily lives. In response to this consumer driven trend McDonald’s is launching a global digital commerce platform that will enable us to grow sales, guest counts, and communicate more importantly and personally with our customers.
Restaurant technology already plays an important role in restaurant operations. Digital technology is playing an essential role as a customer connection channel in addition to facilitating restaurant transactions.
· 7+ years professional work experience.
· 3+ years of project management experience.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
· Customer service focus and appreciation for 24x7 business cycle.
· Ability to cultivate and maintain strong working relationships.
· Ability to assemble and clearly communicate technical information to all levels of the organization.
· Desire to thrive in a dynamic, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
· Ability to balance multiple challenging priorities successfully.
· Ability to understand and lead complex technology solutions.
· Passion for Omni-channel marketing.
· Energetic, enthusiastic, organized, and customer-focused with a strong attention to detail.
· Desire and ability to build strong, cohesive relationships at all levels of the organization – up, down, and across.
· Ambitious leader who actively works to remove barriers to achieving results.
· Demonstrated technical acumen.
· McDonald's business experience / restaurant experience.
· Mobile or digital experience.
· Knowledge of McDonald's POS, cashless, back office, and other restaurant technologies.
Undergraduate degree required, Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science or Project Management.
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us to build an even better McDonald's. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing experiences while delivering incredible value and quality in the food we serve.
McDonald's is a people business just as much as it is a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and advancing our industry on sustainable sourcing to youth employability initiatives and our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to take on big, global initiatives while remaining great neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are adding to our elite team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders in our industry and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last year, we have launched home delivery, radically enhanced the digital experiences of our restaurants, introduced mobile pay and have so much more to come. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the team that is helping to make a Better McDonald's!
· Maintain initiative roadmap, schedule, and dependency relationships.
· Create frequent program communications.
· Conduct regular meetings with initiative project managers & cross-functional teams.
· Ensure US IT technical delivery matches US Marketing achievements.
· Advance issues from project managers.
· Align with other US IT Program Managers for consistency of processes, critical issue, and reporting.
· Budget creation, tracking, and reporting.
Technical product ownership
· US DMB program accountability.
· Indoor DMB daily operations.
· Outdoor DMB daily operations.
· Outdoor DMB rollout.
· Oversight of 24x7 VIP support issues.
· Apply project management practices to facilitate on-time and on-budget delivery of multiple interdependent initiatives relevant to US business objectives.
· Maintain knowledge of each initiatives' achievements, from requirements definition to testing, integration, pilot, and deployment.
· US Omni-channel.
· Define Omni-channel roadmap with US Marketing & Corp IT.
· Align Omni-channel roadmap with US Mobile, US Kiosk, US POS, and US Web teams.
· You will create strong relationships between teams within I/S and between I/S and related business teams.
· You will demonstrates the ability to develop an expansive professional network with other organizations, and to identify the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization.
· You will maintain professional relationships with peers in other corporations and outside organizations.
· Cultivates and leads strategic relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers, external company counterparts, and industry and trade associations to garner standard methodologies to continually enhance supplier performance management methodology.
· Prioritize work streams to meet business expectations.
· Maintain relationships with DMB vendor.
· US Marketing, Corp IT, US Digital, DMB development vendor, Omni-channel vendor, and the US Owner Operator Restaurant Technology Board’s Customer Experience sub team.
Success in this role requires an appreciation of the 24-hour restaurant business day, essential to understanding customer needs and the environment in which customers and crew interact. These solutions accommodate simple consistent installation to 14,000+ restaurants with minimal need for technical support.
You will have a consistent track record of prioritizing and delivering multiple successful solutions, planning complex projects, effective interpersonal skills, and communication expertise complimented by a strong technology background and understanding of McDonald's business.
Although based in Chicago, IL, occasional travel will be required.