Project Manager - Finance Effectiveness at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
The Principal - Finance System and Process Effectiveness will plan, scope and lead transformative projects in the finance and accounting function. This person will lead projects that move the organization’s current state to a continuously improving, technology enabled future state.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner on cross functional teams to deliver process improvements within the finance and accounting organization, reinforcing value stream thinking and the elimination of waste
- Establish clear post-implementation benefits with defined measurement for finance improvement projects. Maintain tracking of post-implementation benefits realization for established periods.
- Maintain key metrics for tracking the efficiency and effectiveness of the global Finance organization
- Understand and document value streams within selected areas for process improvement; gain buy in from process stakeholders for proposed changes
- Support impacted team members to adopt and work through challenges in using key, transformative finance technology solutions through being liaison with technology experts and through working through challenges directly
- Develop project plans that foster integration between our IT Finance team’s release schedule and the finance and accounting team’s close and budget cycles
- Create governance processes of as a liaison between global Finance and IT Finance; establish best practices for identifying, prioritizing, delivering and implementing roll out of process changes and technology solutions in support of Finance objectives
- Catalyze change in the Finance organization; manage and execute new initiatives regularly in a positive, constructive manner to ensure rapid acceptance of new ways of operating
- Actively acquire and share knowledge of best practices, available technology solutions and strategies for implementation across all the Finance organization
Grow self and others
- Facilitate continuous improvement projects in collaboration with finance and accounting partners. Within each project, develop measurements for tracking each project’s success and manage stakeholders to continue tracking success through a Plan, Do, Check and Act cycle.
- Research and remain knowledgeable of industry leading technology solutions for digital transformation and business analytics; host learning sessions on implementing self-service technologies
- Bachelor degree in accounting/finance, industrial engineering or data science with 2 -7 years of work experience in process design, implementation and change management.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems.
- Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
- Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems.
- Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Excellent technical knowledge of financial systems and processes.
- Must be able to work with senior level management throughout company to analyzing financial situations and make recommendations.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
- Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
- Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable aaccommodation by sending an email to [email protected]