Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
The Project Manager, Finance plays a key leadership role and acting on the CFO’s behalf in driving a strong, cross-departmental culture of accountability, execution, and delivery across the organization. The Project Manager, Finance will navigate complex & sensitive situations, and balance progress on long-term projects, with the urgency of immediate operational demands. This role will drive efficiency by organizing and prioritizing critical issues and fostering a mindset that values outcomes over activities. You will work closely with leadership including the C-Suite. You’ll act as the right-hand individual to our CFO with a unique opportunity to have a front row seat and directly impact companywide initiatives and business decisions.
This role is directly responsible for implementing and executing impactful organizational, cross-functional enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Work closely with the VP Accounting and VP FP&A along with leadership throughout the organization
- Build strong relationships across the organization to enable strong collaboration and an ability to solve complex problems when necessary
- Drive company vision of accountability by ensuring that reports, dashboards & metrics are tracking financial performance across the organization
- Creation and distribution of performance reporting for institutional investors
- Manage the successful delivery of strategic initiatives that include integrations of new businesses, as well as complex system projects
- Ensure CFO’s organization is operating efficiently and effectively
- Drive outcomes of key priorities for the CFO’s staff by partnering with key leaders to track progress and mitigate risk
- Coordinate with CFO to ensure weekly priorities are set and maintained, including adjusting schedules and meetings to protect priorities
- Serve as a proxy for the CFO, as necessary, in meetings to maximize bandwidth
- Keep pulse on team health to ensure flight risks and performance issues are understood and mitigation plans are in place to address them
- Serve as a trusted strategic advisor and sounding board in assessing strategic and tactical opportunities
- Partner with CEO Chief of Staff to ensure alignment on key initiatives
- Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with core competencies
- Ensures Leadership Team and Executive Team agendas and schedules are adhered to
- Development of Quarterly Board presentations
- Oversee Strategic Advisor Program
- May be involved in projects in M&A, investor relations and capital raises/IPO
- Strong business acumen with the ability to provide input and insight into new ideas or ways of thinking
- Strong results orientation with a proven track record of flawless execution and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to foster communication, collaboration and alignment across Executive teams
- Track record of success and outcomes across leadership teams
- Strong understanding of Talent landscape and best practices around People Management and Leadership
- Ability to create presentations for the executive team, the BOD and external parties
- Ability to decipher complex financial information into strategic communications
- Ability to lead through influence
- Handle confidential information with high levels of discretion
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance from an accredited university, MBA preferred
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.