PROJECT MANAGER- LOSS PREVENTION
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Loss Prevention Project Manager is responsible for leading projects to improve processes in order to achieve financial and operational excellence. The ideal candidate has excellent verbal and written communication skills, a history of leading multiple projects simultaneously and vendor management, and driving successful results in retail, operational, or service related industry.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for managing and implementing various projects to help drive efficiency and service within the LP department. This position requires a passion for process excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to partner cross functionally and influence across all levels of the organization. This position represents the Loss Prevention team as subject matter expert in enterprise-level strategic initiatives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Loss Prevention Project Manager should demonstrate the following capabilities (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Management of Loss Prevention projects and coordination with cross functional teams including 3rd party vendor(s), including timelines and budgeting.
- Partnering in the development of updates, efficient processes for all technology-based functions, documenting new processes, including identifying time savings vs current process.
- Experience with facilities and store design layouts to optimize use of security tools.
- Leads process development and/or provide project management to perform business testing, process modeling, and analysis. Responsible for content development for process control, process reengineering, process design, process innovation, integration and improvement.
- Monitor process changes, ensuring adherence to plan and addressing any post-launch issues. Participates in training and testing for new systems and processes as part of implementation plan.
- Coordinates Loss Prevention-based IT and Store Operations projects.
- Deliver on-time, on-budget projects and assess ROI on completed projects.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education and/or related field
- PMP certification a plus.
- Previous work or educational experience related to process improvement and/or project management is a plus
- Retail management experience and/or strong understanding of typical retail operations
- Working knowledge of physical security solutions and ability to understand and identify how technology changes and impacts Ulta.
- Cross functional leader of cross functional teams with diverse goals and responsibilities
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills to communicate with associates and all levels of management
- Ability to drive initiatives and accept accountability for project progress and quality
- Proven organizational skills with the analytical ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and prioritize effectively
- Ability to quickly learn and understand business processes outside area of expertise
- Nimble and innovative in application of process improvement initiatives
- Energy, enthusiasm, and drive to continuously and proactively manage a heavy workload
- Strong computer skills including, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, and Visio
- Normal office conditions
- Ability to work a flexible, full-time schedule, along with occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to travel, including overnight stays. Less than 10% travel expected.