Project Manager- Network Engineering
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Project Manager- Network Engineering
Ultimately the person oversees multiple projects, which require several cross-functional resources and high levels of operational integration. Responsibility for all aspects of the project over its entire life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). Under minimal guidance of a Manager or a more senior team member.
- Document detailed agendas, meeting minutes, action items, project plans and maintain an issue log. Communicate status to all required stakeholders. Not only completing project, compliance, director status on time, but socializing a document that is complete, easy to understand and formatted clearly and cleanly.
- Assist in business requirements analysis for critical projects and proactively manage scope, issues and risks. Follow change control procedures effectively. Estimate work efforts and manage resources accordingly.
- Responsible for assembling project team, aligning individuals to roles & responsibilities across all areas impacted by the project including developers, end users, distributors and vendors. Remain vigilant in project and timesheet updates and ensure all project team members are logging time appropriately as well.
- Liaise between Infrastructure Services and development resources. Manage all aspects of projects. Finish on time, within budget, meet requirements, meet or exceed customer expectations and lead a cohesive team.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Information Technology) or relevant working experience
- 5+ years working in a technology environment (preferably infrastructure services)
- 5+ years working as a Project Manager
- Experienced working in Agile/Iterative development methodology. SAFE experience is preferred
- Network Engineering background
- Experience with data center environmentals (e.g. power, fiber optic cabling, standards, heating/cooling)
- Fundamental knowledge of network best practices and standards
- Fundamental knowledge of TCPIP, Route/Switch platforms
- Understanding of client/server models as they relate to networking and applications.
- Fundamental knowledge of virtualized and public/private cloud compute and network construct
- Experience with medium to large sized projects: data center migrations, cutovers, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) , interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong, proven problem solving skills and ability to translate metrics into solutions and strategies.
- Demonstrated thought and results leadership
- Ability to interact with and influence all staff levels
- Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate with peers and business partners.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (i.e Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.