Project Manager - Northern California at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Systems Integration Team in Territory 8 is looking to fill a position for an experienced Project Manager. Overall, the Solutions and Services Team sets business goals to successfully implement and integrate complex Motorola systems sold in the Western Region. This includes working with various disciplines both internal and external to Motorola in the interest of providing total customer satisfaction and achieving Regional business goals. The candidate should be a seasoned professional having wide-ranging experience who can use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Manages the development and/or implementation of Motorola Solutions products or services.
- Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgraded existing products or services.
- Manages projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance.
- Ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics.
- Participates in project review and status meetings, and communicates project status.
- Utilizes six sigma and project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness.
- Motivates project team to ensure optimal performance.
- May assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Experience with at least one of the following: Public Safety communications systems, Cellular infrastructure, Military communications Civil construction experience desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint & Project)
- PMP and/or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM). highly desired.
- PM Masters Certificate a plus.
- Understanding of two way radio / cellular infrastructure communications products, services, and systems.
- Understanding of local public safety customers, such as police, fire, and emergency medical services is a plus.
- Must be a self motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of systems engineering or project management experience
- OR 6+ years of relevant business experience in project management or engineer
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contracts
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.