Project Manager, Operational Excellence at Morningstar
The Role: Morningstar’s Investment Management group is seeking an outstanding project manager to join our Operational Excellence team. We are looking for an assertive, detail-oriented, self-starter who can work effectively in a highly collaborative team setting. You will coordinate, manage, and execute cross-functional and cross-region projects that reduce friction, increase quality, drive efficiency, eliminate waste, and improve decision-making in the group. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Manage projects from the discovery phase through implementation while maintaining high quality, timely deliverables
• Identify, track, and manage project risks and issues to conclusion, defining appropriate risk mitigation and contingency plans.
• Develop project KPIs and report status to stakeholders
• Effectively manage cross functional project teams, including product management, technology, investment operations, customer success, sales, and investment management
• Understand business needs and dependencies, continuously identify areas of improvement
• Coordinate and collaborate with global stakeholders across Americas, APAC and EMEA
• Three to five years of project management and/or business analyst experience, preferably in investment management or wealth management
• A commitment to operational excellence, business scalability and innovation
• Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills for managing competing demands and priorities
• Ability to understand complex business needs with a creative problem-solving mindset
• Ability to lead team decision-making processes and foster an environment of healthy team debate and collaboration
• Strong knowledge of, and experience using, Agile and Lean project management methodologies
• Knowledge or background in the managed accounts business is a plus
• A bachelor's degree
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.