Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
For this role, we’re looking for a sharp and extremely organized project manager to lead the rollout of our new in-store retail practice. Candidates should be detail-oriented go-getters who can derive order from chaos and who can propel progress on multiple projects within a highly collaborative, fast-moving and ambiguous environment. Ideal candidates will be scrappy, curious go-getters who thrive on ambiguity and can bring order, structure and accountability to multiple stakeholders working across several interconnected retail projects. Projects for the role will initially focus on expanding and growing Home Chef’s presence in Kroger stores across the US and on developing and maintaining frameworks and systems to enable retail A/B tests and to support new product rollouts.
- Develop and own the retail project management plans covering store rollout and execution, new retail product execution, channel development and in-store presence
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders including Marketing, Operations, Culinary, Packaging, Food Procurement, Tech and Kroger more broadly to develop and make progress against retail projects
- Work directly with the Retail Optimization Manager and others to run A/B tests to optimize planograms, space and in-store presence to drive greater sales and profitability
- Create new systems, methods and interactions to improve how we execute and communicate as a team, track product success and evaluate and prioritize future work
- Serve as the “one stop shop” for retail execution by managing a continually evolving project plan that covers past, current and future work tasks across all of retail
- Constantly work to fill in gaps, streamline existing activities and improve communication and processes so that retail can be executed more efficiently and effectively
- Build relationships across the company and relentlessly work to remove roadblocks and hold others accountable to ensure on-time and successful retail launches
- Set the foundation for retail success and maximum impact by building best-practice systems, processes, and networks of communication
- Manage 1 direct report with potential for future hire
- Bachelor's Degree
- An advanced degree is a plus
- JDA/POG experience a plus!
- 2+ years of experience in a rigorous fast-paced work environment – product development, event management, CPG/FMCG, startups, etc.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work within a scrappy ambiguous start-up environment
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with the ability to develop and make progress against multiple concurrent project plans
- Ideal candidate will have experience working with national retail chains and a strong knowledge of the fresh and packaged food space
- Self-starter inclined towards finding solutions and who is comfortable working independently and with a team
- Strong communicator and relationship builder
- Intellectually curious and excited to grow a new retail business from ground zero
- Must have a sense of urgency and be capable of dealing with fast-changing priorities and ambiguity
- Direct access to senior management – our leadership team works alongside our team members every day
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid life insurance, short term disability and long term disability
- Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
- 401k program
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop
- Onsite gym
- Free water taxi for Wrigley Building employees (seasonal)
- Catered lunch every Friday plus snacks and beverages on hand every day
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer