Project Manager, Tech at Basis Technologies
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:05 a.m. (CST) on Monday, October 4, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Technology is at the core of what we do. Centro’s Technology Program Management Office (TPMO) supports the ideation, development, and go-to-market strategy for new features and integrations for Basis, our industry-leading, comprehensive software solution. Our platform processes over 300 billion events per day and uses AI and machine learning to automate and simplify the entire digital campaign process. Come join a fast-growing impactful team of unique individuals!
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
As a Project Manager, Tech, you will be responsible for supporting critical Basis Platform leadership, projects and the cross-functional teams that execute those projects. You will also contribute:
- Managing projects around business and technology initiatives to deliver results in support of Centro’s digital products
- Supporting the creation of high performing cross-functional engineering teams and encouraging the teams to become self-organizing and internally motivated
- Operating and comfortable making decisions in an uncertain environment with limited information
- Minimizing complexity in an international program between multiple time zones
- Developing a high-level understanding of Basis Platform infrastructure and operations while building credibility to become a team coach and acting as a bridge between the Basis Platform Program and key stakeholders outside of technology
- Building consensus among stakeholders
- Breaking down large and challenging goals into actionable tasks, getting buy-in, and ensuring follow-through
- Challenging assumptions and suggesting more efficient approaches, especially when something is identified as “can’t be done”
- Protecting cross-functional teams to ensure that team members can remain focused on Product Discovery and Delivery, e.g. maintains priority of tasks, and applies just enough management controls to deliver value
- Keeping Program, Product and Technology management apprised of progress and risk by radiating project information
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- At least 3 years of experience as a project manager of consumer facing digital products and software using Waterfall and Agile practices and methodologies.
- Experience in Jira, Confluence, Excel and other Project Management related software tools
- Be a strong team player who collaborates to build, and adhere to, a delivery schedule
- Superior project management skills including communications management, risk mitigation and issue management
- Think strategically and create solutions to complex problems
- Create, maintain, and own project artifacts and facilitate project ceremonies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with all members of the Product Development Life Cycle as well as Sr. Management
- Bachelor's Degree
- PMP and/or Agile, Scrum Practitioner certification
- Experience with entire development cycle of projects
- Excited by a fast-paced product development environment
- Passion for Ad-Tech
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.