Project Manager - Testing Lead
SDI Presence LLC is an IT managed services provider (MSP) and consultancy that leverages its strong team presence to advance our clients to a secure digital enterprise. With a 20-year corporate resume, SDI delivers strategic managed services, IT consulting, and hybrid infrastructure solutions to optimize our clients’ technology environments. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), with a portfolio of clients that includes some of the nation’s largest airports, utilities, commercial real estate portfolios, and government agencies. SDI delivers a deep technical presence through a local delivery model to achieve customer confidence and success. Visit us at www.sdipresence.com and connect with us on Twitter and Instagram.
The Project Manager - Testing Lead’s role is to plan, coordinate, and monitor the program’s testing effort throughout the whole project life cycle of a system implementation. In addition, the Test Lead will establish test metrics, mentor team members, manage outside resources, and develop the test program. This individual will have primary responsibility for ensuring that the deliverables meet client standards and expectations. The successful candidate will work on multiple tasks simultaneously and be a team player.
The Project Manager - Testing Lead will report to the Program Manager.
Project Specific Responsibilities
- Test planning, execution coordination, and monitoring
- Develop and update the Test Plan
- Review and interpret business requirements and develop detailed technical requirements
- Analyze requirements and determine how it will affect new or existing systems
- Develop automated test strategy and execution
- Help staff write test cases based upon user stories and coverage goals
- Help staff investigate test failures and help find root causes
General Project Management Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to Program Manager on the development of project plans related to schedule, budget, scope and resources
- Ensure achievement of business goals and objectives by proactively communicating with project stakeholders
- Follow IT development processes such as change management and configuration management
- Understand each project's critical path activities and proactively manages those to project's benefit
- Interact with customers to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical personnel, both verbally and in writing
- Help monitor staffing levels and hire project staff as required
- Prepare reports and conduct meetings with client, partners and staff
- Write staff reviews and document disciplinary issues as required
- Communicate project issues to Delivery Executive
- Work with Delivery Executive to interpret and apply the contract to daily activities
- Follow all SDI defined processes
- Create documentation for project activity audit trail
- Collect and compile data/information for projects and presentations.
- Assist in development of work product for the client
- Pursue continuous learning, staying on top of industry trends, sharing knowledge with others
- Other tasks as requested by the Program Manager/Delivery Executive Team
Job Specific Requirements
- 4-year college degree or relatable professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in all phases of testing, including one or more of the following: component, assembly, product, performance, user acceptance, and architecture tests
- Familiarity with automated test tools required (i.e. LoadRunner)
- Experience with conducting or overseeing design/configuration work and pre-release testing
- Experience developing and managing project test plans/scripts.
- Knowledgeable with business/functional processes in construction & operation of utilities and ability to identify employees, locations and facilities impacted by Maximo technology
- Understanding of project management and application development standards (agile and waterfall)
- Gas utility experience – especially knowledge of construction / field operations experience is a plus
- Enterprise Asset Management experience – SAP or IBM Maximo desired
- PMP Certification desired
- GIS experience a plus
- Ability to work in the field, both in a management and hands on role
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodologies and/or advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery life cycles
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Products
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving, and leadership skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.