Project Manager at Walgreens
Implements activities that generally impact discrete components / processes of the work of own unit / team / projects.
- Conducts projects in any area of the H3 Program organization.
- Guides multi-disciplinary project teams in the achievement of project objectives typically within one department or area of specialization.
- Facilitates team information and work flow. Participates in developing and documenting project schedules, milestones and budgets for team.
- Shares budget, schedule, milestone and cost / benefit decision-making responsibilities, but not accountability, with executives and managers.
- Gathers information and participates in writing or writes project plans. Coordinates and tracks project resources, staff, assets and schedules to ensure timely project outcomes.
- Coordinates and may lead project meetings.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities. Serves as key contact with project team members to resolve project resource conflicts.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of project management experience OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 5 years of project management experience.
- Experience prioritizing and performing multiple tasks in time-critical situations
- At least one year experience of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience managing software development projects
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience developing new business models and opportunities; defining, developing, and documenting business requirements and functional specifications.
- Knowledge of planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets
- Knowledge of mobile technologies
- Experience with web technologies and online software development practices.
- Experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.