Job Description Summary
The position of Project Manager is a role that requires an understanding of Software Development Practices, PMO processes, Business Outcome-Drive Program Management, Business Realization & Strategy analysis.
The role ensures that all project delivery milestones are met and processes are followed, both from product delivery and Go-To-Market perspectives. The role requires heavy stakeholder and cross functional team interaction and working on a variety of strategic initiatives at any given time. Proven excellent written and oral communication skills are a foundation for this role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Work with product development teams to create detailed project plans & schedules.
* Ensure alignment of project schedule and objectives with the organization's strategic objectives in the form of measurable business realizations.
* Manage project milestones, risks, dependencies, and changes throughout the program
* Monitor and report progress throughout the project life cycle using appropriate executive level communication understood by stakeholders, executive sponsors and customers.
* Champion and respond to rapid business change.
* Collaborate across the organization to deliver products into the marketplace, ensuring proactive identification of risks and impacts to benefits realizations.
* Facilitate Go-to-Market activities, coordinating with business teams across the company to prepare the product for launch and/or delivery to a customer.
* Contribute to processes and framework that creates greater stakeholder satisfaction & fosters success on large, strategic, enterprise spanning initiatives.
* 5-7 + years of Project Management experience on a software development team (Agile preferred)
* Experience creating detailed project plans & schedules for SW development teams.
* Strong planning skills including experience in successfully managing programs with experience marrying a myriad of frameworks to select the right delivery approach (Agile, Waterfall, Plan Driven, Hybrid)
* Proactive driver of complex cross-functional product and technology initiatives
* Proven ability to coordinate across disciplines and departments, able to work both independently & collaboratively with stakeholders
* Experience utilizing Project Management tools, methodologies and software such as: Agile Methodology using Agile type tool, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Visio, Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, others
* Experience managing Programs such as mobile product development or Telematics is a plus
* Bachelor’s Degree required, M.S. is a plus
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.
CCC is a great place to work. Join us!